Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my midwifery application in September and I have already heard back from Edge Hill university offering me an interview in December!! Has anybody been interviews here before? Could anyone give me any tips or advice on the maths and English tests and perhaps what the interview is like?

Thanks
    Becky
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bebz9608)
    I sent off my midwifery application in September and I have already heard back from Edge Hill university offering me an interview in December!! Has anybody been interviews here before? Could anyone give me any tips or advice on the maths and English tests and perhaps what the interview is like?

Thanks
    Becky
    Hi!! I have also received an interview for 13th of December at 8.30am!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have the same interview also. Where are you travelling from?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Have you checked your uni website for sample numeracy and literacy tests?

Research is key during the interview! I went in the interviews as myself and got offers miraculously even though I stumbled over words due to nervousness :lol: they’re quite understanding, you’ll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Appleb,

How was the maths test. This is something I am dreading as it is not my strongest point
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolar1988)
    I am travelling from Teesside which is about 3 hours away so I'll have to set off about 4.30am as i would like to get there in good time wbu??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottet77)
    That is when mine is also! I have requested to change the date though as its clashing with work, i hope they dont mind!! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:

Im travelling from Wistaston, Cheshire. Should only take me an hour but i'm setting off in good time. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Hiya!

Have you checked your uni website for sample numeracy and literacy tests?

Research is key during the interview! I went in the interviews as myself and got offers miraculously even though I stumbled over words due to nervousness :lol: they’re quite understanding, you’ll be fine!
    Yeah had a look, done some revision and research into the NHS qualities etc which was helpful. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bebz9608)
    Yeah had a look, done some revision and research into the NHS qualities etc which was helpful. Fingers crossed!
    Be sure to mention the 6C’s too

Hi Appleb,

How was the maths test. This is something I am dreading as it is not my strongest point
    Thanks
    Hiya!

I did not apply to Edge Hill, however the maths isn’t hard. Practice your basics and be sure to learn conversions and weight and height.

ReputationRep:
    I also have the same date for my interview and test. Its the test thats bothering me the most not the interview. I would welcome any advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottet77)
    I also have been given this date 🤓

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.