Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im in year 11 AND GCSES arent too far away
    Im decent at Spanish however i always fall short in listening mocks and exercises
    Anyone got advice on how to get better at Spanish listening??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CmonM8)
    im in year 11 AND GCSES arent too far away
    Im decent at Spanish however i always fall short in listening mocks and exercises
    Anyone got advice on how to get better at Spanish listening??
    listening to loads of listening exercises - its all practise.
    if u get bored of that u can always listen to Spanish radio and understand 5% of what they're saying-I think it also helps, get u in the Spanish mindset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    listening to loads of listening exercises - its all practise.
    if u get bored of that u can always listen to Spanish radio and understand 5% of what they're saying-I think it also helps, get u in the Spanish mindset
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Spanish radio/films/vlogs/youtube videos/podcasts/music/videogames/people talking/anything that has spanish people in it speaking spanish listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    I went from a D in my mock( cheated) to a high A in real thing and a* overall for German.

What I did is do past papers, listening and reading, translate every single passage/word and there's this website that does correct pronunciations for stuff and I basically found that online.

When I learnt vocabulary made sure I learnt phonetically too. They repeat words a lot at gcse so past paper method was good

ReputationRep:
    WAS IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION AS YOU!!! All year round I was barely getting a C in the listening papers and I didn’t know how to practise my listening skills until 2 weeks before the actual exam and Idk if it’ll work for everyone but for me, I’d do loads of past papers 1 at a time and after I mark it, I’ll listen with the transcript (the text that’ll come with the paper) and then a week later I’d repeat the same papers as I knew for listening exams, I’d most likely forget the questions! And I came out with an A!!! (Just 1 mark off an A*) DD Tho I’d suggest practising throughout the year instead of being like me that left it last min and you’d most likely be hitting the top grades!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    And also learn the vocabulary that is tailored to your exam board!! I suggest learning the words from memrise!! There are so many words but remembering becomes easier and easier as you review the words more
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    listen

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 28, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.