Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help. Lately I have become very depressed as I feel that I am comparing myself to everyone else. Please how can I stop this.

ReputationRep:
    Realise that everyone is different. We all have strengths and weaknesses, be they visible or not - no one is flawless. Comparing yourself to other people is hopeless because at the end of the day you don't know what they've got going on in their own lives - the grass is seldom greener on the other side...perhaps in some places, but not overall for the most part.

You are a gift to the world. Nothing would be the same without you here, no matter which way you slice it. You have strengths and passions and things you're good at - life isn't you vs anyone else, it's you vs you. You can only become your best self...what other people have going on in their lives is out of your control.

You got this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrythomas14)
    Realise that everyone is different. We all have strengths and weaknesses, be they visible or not - no one is flawless. Comparing yourself to other people is hopeless because at the end of the day you don't know what they've got going on in their own lives - the grass is seldom greener on the other side...perhaps in some places, but not overall for the most part.

You are a gift to the world. Nothing would be the same without you here, no matter which way you slice it. You have strengths and passions and things you're good at - life isn't you vs anyone else, it's you vs you. You can only become your best self...what other people have going on in their lives is out of your control.

You got this.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueMeanie)
    Thanks!
    Glad to be of assistance, my friend.

ReputationRep:

You got this.
    I'm not depressed or anything, but that's definitely given me a good bit of motivation today. Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racsoix)
    I'm not depressed or anything, but that's definitely given me a good bit of motivation today. Thanks mate
    No worries, boyo.

ReputationRep:

You got this.
    Very eloquent. A great philosophy for life. I love it. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Very eloquent. A great philosophy for life. I love it. X
    Cheers, pal.

ReputationRep:
    The key is to not give a FAWK about other people and live your own life. You’re different to everyone. You’re here to live your own life. You weren’t brought into this planet to please others. Do what you enjoy and love and remember that no two people are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    The key is to not give a FAWK about other people and live your own life. You’re different to everyone. You’re here to live your own life. You weren’t brought into this planet to please others. Do what you enjoy and love and remember that no two people are the same.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

ReputationRep:
    Bump bump!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.