The Student Room Group

Do student finance applications get done annually

Hi, I hope someone can help, I am looking at going to uni Sept 2018 and need to know if the finance applications are done annually I may have to do a foundation year and then was hoping to go on to a 4 year Masters course, I am 23 now so understand my loans are means tested what I want to know is when I turn 25 do they stop being means tested even if I have already started my course??? My parents are in a higher earnings bracket however are not able to support me financially due to their own financial commitments. Any advice will be gratefully accepted
Original post by Cazbing
Hi, I hope someone can help, I am looking at going to uni Sept 2018 and need to know if the finance applications are done annually I may have to do a foundation year and then was hoping to go on to a 4 year Masters course, I am 23 now so understand my loans are means tested what I want to know is when I turn 25 do they stop being means tested even if I have already started my course??? My parents are in a higher earnings bracket however are not able to support me financially due to their own financial commitments. Any advice will be gratefully accepted

Hi Cazbing,

You apply for Student Finance each year for your funding. If you are planning to start in September 2018, applications will be available from around March 2018.
You can apply to be means tested based on household income, if you turn 25 before the start of the academic year you are eligible to apply as an independent student and can still be means tested, we would not use your parents income over the age of 25, you would be assessed in your own right .

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Cazbing,

You apply for Student Finance each year for your funding. If you are planning to start in September 2018, applications will be available from around March 2018.
You can apply to be means tested based on household income, if you turn 25 before the start of the academic year you are eligible to apply as an independent student and can still be means tested, we would not use your parents income over the age of 25, you would be assessed in your own right .

Thanks

Louise

Thanks Louise that is a great help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending