Sumaiyah25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Name:  EE923DE3-494B-4885-A05C-EF3BAEA57C8F.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  512.6 KBCan anyone please help me with making three points, at least two of the points have to be from the item that is attached.
The question is “applying material from item A and your knowledge, evaluate the usefulness of structural approaches (functionalist, Marxists, feminists and the new right) to our understanding of families and households.”
nevemarie17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The new right places a lot of focus on the family structure (e.g - he doesn't support single mothers as he doesn't like that structure) but doesn't take into account the instances where although there are two parents it could lead to domestic abuse, child neglect etc. Functionalists see the family through 'rose tinted glasses' - again, they focus on the structure as to how able a family is to meet it's needs/functions, but doesn't take into account the implications of 'the dark side of families'.

I don't really know how helpful that is, but I've just started AS Sociology on the same specification! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (12)
27.27%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
2.27%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
2.27%
No unconditional offers (30)
68.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed