Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have been got an offer from City (MSc Economic Evaluation in Health Care) ,Sheffield (MSc Health Economics and Decision Modelling) UCL (MSc Health Economics and Decision Science) and LSTHM MPH Public Health (Health Economics).

Sheffield has well-known in terms Health Economics and Decision Modelling,compared the module in City is really simiary and I really want to have an experience in London.But the lack of information about the program in City really make me afraid.

UCL and LSTHM have good reputation overall but I am not sure whether the it has good reputation in "Health Economics and Decision Modelling"

It is really a tough question to make a descion,Can anyone give me some advices?
    Which one may have good work future or prefer students come from which school?

Thank you for your time and help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugbug944612)
    Hi everyone,

I have been got an offer from City (MSc Economic Evaluation in Health Care) ,Sheffield (MSc Health Economics and Decision Modelling) UCL (MSc Health Economics and Decision Science) and LSTHM MPH Public Health (Health Economics).

Sheffield has well-known in terms Health Economics and Decision Modelling,compared the module in City is really simiary and I really want to have an experience in London.But the lack of information about the program in City really make me afraid.

UCL and LSTHM have good reputation overall but I am not sure whether the it has good reputation in "Health Economics and Decision Modelling"

It is really a tough question to make a descion,Can anyone give me some advices?
    Which one may have good work future or prefer students come from which school?

Thank you for your time and help.
    Wow you got offers fast! Out of interest when did you apply?

In terms of reputation for health economics, Sheffield definitely has the best reputation. That said, although UCL's course is new and so less prestigious, it is still UCL; most people would consider a degree at UCL to far outweigh one at Sheffield. Personally, if I were in your shoes it would be a decision between UCL and Sheffield, the other two don't really compare. Ultimately though this comes down to which you'd prefer more, and obviously I can't answer that.

Hope that helped?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.