Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for card factory last week and I was told I would be emailed on Friday telling me if I was successful or unsuccessful however I have not yet received an email or any form of contact(it’s Sunday now).I also heard that someone in my school got told they got a job in there , and they were told on Friday as I was meant to be. Do you think they forgot, made a mistake or I just didn’t get it???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajayma)
    I had an interview for card factory last week and I was told I would be emailed on Friday telling me if I was successful or unsuccessful however I have not yet received an email or any form of contact(it’s Sunday now).I also heard that someone in my school got told they got a job in there , and they were told on Friday as I was meant to be. Do you think they forgot, made a mistake or I just didn’t get it???
    email them-they should've sent a reply by now, ur doing nothing wrong asking whats up

ReputationRep:
    9 times out of 10, if they don't reply, you didn't get the job - even if they said they would email saying if you were unsuccessful or successful. Sorry. If they don't want to give you the job, they don't have to contact you at all or do anything - which is probably what happened here I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    It probably means you didn't get the job. I have never actually been told that I was "unsuccessful" when applying to a job, they just don't get back in touch. I had a similar situation at cost cutter I was told they would ring me in a few days and then I would start on Monday....I never heard from them again. It happens a lot they usually don't get in touch to say anything.

If you want email them and ask them or pop in and enquire. It will show that you use your initiative and really want the job and are very passionate about working there etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrypoliceman)
    email them-they should've sent a reply by now, ur doing nothing wrong asking whats up
    The store doesn’t have like a direct email you just have to phone the store directly and I think it would be awkward asking them about it over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the reply’s guys I’ll probably just leave it and apply for other ones

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the reply’s guys I’ll probably just leave it and apply for other ones
    There is no point of hanging around for something that's not there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this happens a lot. I went to a couple of interviews where people they will get back in touch about the outcome, but they didn't.
    If they say something along those lines then highly likely you didn't get the job. However sometimes it isn't always the case though.
    I would definitely look elsewhere if I was you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Unfortunately this happens a lot. I went to a couple of interviews where people they will get back in touch about the outcome, but they didn't.
    If they say something along those lines then highly likely you didn't get the job. However sometimes it isn't always the case though.
    I would definitely look elsewhere if I was you.
    Yeah thanks I’ll know for the future anyway .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.