Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have started again as a first year this year (so finish in 2019), due to a change in course I wanted to do. I am currently on the BTEC IT Extended Diploma and my predicted grades are D*D*D*. The IT course doesn't have a maths element in it, so I was considering taking a core maths AS level so that I have more doors open for when I leave college, I got a B almost an A at GCSE, however I know that maths is not really my strong point. I'm trying to find out as much as possible what is available to me for when I finish, so that I can start constructing my personal statement and adding things to my CV so that I have a strong foot in the door, so to speak.
    The issue that I have is that I'm not entirely sure what I want to do when I leave college. Yes it's going to be something computer related but I want to find a degree that is mainly coursework based and it interests me or an apprenticeship. I was originally going to study Cyber Forensics however, as it's such a narrow branch (3 universities offer it in the UK , and there are barely any apprenticeships in it) I've come away from wanting to study it. I seem to excel at the programming side of things and take to languages really quickly. Robotics and AI interest me also. I enjoy research tasks and I really like studying and learning new things.
    Has anyone studied anything Computer related at university (not necessarily just computer science) that they would think would suit me?
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.