Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have started again as a first year this year (so finish in 2019), due to a change in course I wanted to do. I am currently on the BTEC IT Extended Diploma and my predicted grades are D*D*D*. The IT course doesn't have a maths element in it, so I was considering taking a core maths AS level so that I have more doors open for when I leave college, I got a B almost an A at GCSE, however I know that maths is not really my strong point. I'm trying to find out as much as possible what is available to me for when I finish, so that I can start constructing my personal statement and adding things to my CV so that I have a strong foot in the door, so to speak.
    The issue that I have is that I'm not entirely sure what I want to do when I leave college. Yes it's going to be something computer related but I want to find a degree that is mainly coursework based and it interests me or an apprenticeship. I was originally going to study Cyber Forensics however, as it's such a narrow branch (3 universities offer it in the UK , and there are barely any apprenticeships in it) I've come away from wanting to study it. I seem to excel at the programming side of things and take to languages really quickly. Robotics and AI interest me also. I enjoy research tasks and I really like studying and learning new things.
    Has anyone studied anything Computer related at university (not necessarily just computer science) that they would think would suit me?
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.