Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm studying social sciences in University of Glasgow. First year. I haven't settled down well however. I thought this was what I wanted to do but I'm realising that it's not. My initial plan was to get a BA in an academic subject (like sociology or whatever) and then do a MA in social work to become a social worker. However now I want to move back home and perhaps do a social work course because I want to get into work ASAP as I am done with education. So I want to apply for BA social work courses (all which are approved by HCPC) in London for 2018 entry and drop out of my current University after one whole year.

My question is, in the job market, would I be competing mostly with people who have MA Social Work degrees and therefore it'll be impossible for me to find a job or do you think I'll be able to find a decent job with just a BA Social Work degree?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H665)
    Right now I'm studying social sciences in University of Glasgow. First year. I haven't settled down well however. I thought this was what I wanted to do but I'm realising that it's not. My initial plan was to get a BA in an academic subject (like sociology or whatever) and then do a MA in social work to become a social worker. However now I want to move back home and perhaps do a social work course because I want to get into work ASAP as I am done with education. So I want to apply for BA social work courses (all which are approved by HCPC) in London for 2018 entry and drop out of my current University after one whole year.

My question is, in the job market, would I be competing mostly with people who have MA Social Work degrees and therefore it'll be impossible for me to find a job or do you think I'll be able to find a decent job with just a BA Social Work degree?
    have a look at the employment stats for social work ba's that you are interested in but they wouldnt offer BA's if they made it impossible to get jobs i would think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.