Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This guy I've been seeing has screwed up lately and now all of a sudden he's messaging more and just generally being nicer. This makes me more annoyed as this is something he should have been doing to begin with. But I think he is doing it because he feels he could lose me now. And now it feels a bit fake. Should I continue seeing him?

ReputationRep:
    That's for you to judge but he came close to losing you and by the sounds of it is now making an effort to make sure he doesn't. Sounds like a fairly solid foundation to me as even if he is 'being fake' he's doing it because he wants to keep you which implies he cares.

This isn't the case for all people, but you need to judge it based on wider context not available on a forum post. Just from what you've described I'd say he's trying not to lose you and that's a positive sign.

edit - I'd like to add that if its atypical of him as a person then I'd be a bit worried, and also that although it may seem 'fake' both boys and girls do have a habit of not expressing themselves correctly or of doing weird things and playing games because they believe its better for the relationship ie not being complimentary, purposely ignoring texts to seem like they're busy or imply resource scarcity etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Go with what your gut feeling tells you to do. If he didn't treat you right at the beginning or treat you how you feel you should be treated, and now suddenly he's being nice, why don't you talk to him about it? If seeing each other turns into a relationship you both want to work at, communication should be solid and you should be able to talk to him about things you're unsure about. If he's now making an effort after he almost lost you, it seems like he does want you, but in my opinion, if he did want you, he should've made that clear from the get go instead of waiting until now to make the effort.

ReputationRep:
    I would not. If he screwed up and wasn't nice to you straight afterwards then I wouldn't bother. He doesn't seem genuine

ReputationRep:
    nahh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.