Turn on thread page Beta

taylor swift's upcoming album reputation watch

ReputationRep:
    i am a huge fan of taylor swift. my favourite of her albums is red, but she has recently announced another - reputation. it is good, but not her best... there is a different sound to it now that the old taylor is 'dead' (look what you made me do).

what are your thoughts on it??

ReputationRep:
    I love her old songs, love story, fifteen, you belong with me etc and her newer songs style and wildest dreams but definitely not the biggest fan of shake it off or look at what you made me do however, her songs are always annoyingly addictive nowadays even though they aren’t the best whereas her older songs such as our song was amazing and it just brings me memories of when I was a 13yr old

ReputationRep:
    It's a good meme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatKH)
    It's a good meme.
    I totally agree haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayeen)
    I love her old songs, love story, fifteen, you belong with me etc and her newer songs style and wildest dreams but definitely not the biggest fan of shake it off or look at what you made me do however, her songs are always annoyingly addictive nowadays even though they aren’t the best whereas her older songs such as our song was amazing and it just brings me memories of when I was a 13yr old
    yeah, totally agree. songs like that from her are probably long gone lol

ReputationRep:
    taylor swift is sh*t and a sloot
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ...ready for it? is okay at a stretch. I didn't really like 'Look at what you made me do', but Gorgeous was really good. I don't imagine the album will be that good unless there are more songs like gorgeous, we'll just have to wait and see and I agree Red was a really good album .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    liked stuff from 1989, look what you made me do was an awful song but ...ready for it? was decent.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible. I bought "Look What You Made Me Do" (which underperformed, btw), "...Ready For It" is completely generic, and "Gorgeous" is utterly terrible.

The Lord has lost her touch and the fall is coming. #HitlorMustFallIn2017

ReputationRep:
    Joe Awlyn
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many copies her dad will buy this time...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that reputation is every bit as good as 1989. Although the released tracks off 1989 are probably better than the reputation singles, overall 1989 and Red have more fillers. There are no skips on reputation whereas both 1989 and Red had some bad songs like Stay Stay Stay. Reputation has no fillers. All of the tracks could be singles. I hope she releases Getaway Car.
    The new sound is different but it is good. I like how the album's narrative is divided into the different stages of a person's bad reputation; from anger and desire for revenge (LWYMMD; This is Why we Can't Have nice Things), to owning your new darker persona and parodying yourself (...Ready For It?; I Did Something Bad), to finding love in the death of your reputation (Call it What You Want; Gorgeous; So it Goes...; Don't Blame Me; End Game; King of my Heart; Dress) to true reasons for the damage to your reputation (Getaway Car), to feeling vulnerable in relationships due to fear about the other person rejecting you because of your past (Delicate; Dancing with our Hands Tied), and to finally letting go of what other insignificant people think and moving on with your life and relationships (New Year's Day).
    I would give the album 4.75/5.

My ranking of the tracks:
    15. End Game (ft. Ed Sheeran and Future)
    14. Gorgeous
    13. So it Goes...
    12. Call it What you Want
    11. ...Ready For It?
    10. Dress
    9. Delicate
    8. Don't Blame Me
    7. King of My Heart
    6. This is Why We Cant Have Nice Things
    5. LWYMMD
    4. I Did Something Bad
    3. New Year's Day
    2. Dancing with Our Hands Tied
    1. Getaway Car

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.