Madz Journey to A*A*A*A*A 2017/2018 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    also could u give me advice as it very smart and need some revision tips
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    5 alevels, damn..

ReputationRep:
    mfw when i'm struggling with 3 a levels and normal maths and want to do medicine -.-

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, in my opinion... You're not enjoying life to it's fullest. Either this is complete trash or you are one sad person mate. Just get a bit of a life jesus...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NGZ)
    also could u give me advice as it very smart and need some revision tips
    There isn't much tips I can give you. I just try and do work everyday and revise 2 subjects daily. Also, for maths, I have started doing past papers for C1 and C2 because I have finished those topics. For Chemistry and Biology, I just make notes and go over them at night. Physics, I am dogshite at but I am working hard and do some exercises every other day.

(Original post by amaraub)
    mfw when i'm struggling with 3 a levels and normal maths and want to do medicine -.-
    haha. Don't worry, you will be fine. Just stay focused I guess and you will be on track.

(Original post by soIiIoquy)
    5 alevels, damn..

(Original post by Texxers)
    Honestly, in my opinion... You're not enjoying life to it's fullest. Either this is complete trash or you are one sad person mate. Just get a bit of a life jesus...
    IF you know me, you will know that I play a lot of sports and have a life which I enjoy to its fullest. But thank you for your insight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)

haha. Don't worry, you will be fine. Just stay focused I guess and you will be on track.

thanks bro
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: 04/11/17
    - In chemistry had a test on Module 1. Went well from my perspective as I revised most of the stuff over half-term and the questions weren't particularly hard except for the MCQs which threw me off. Going to start Module 3 (enthalpy and rates of reaction) now.
    - Finished Core 1, 2 and 3 (according to the old spec) so aiming to start doing the past papers from this week and get some practice on exam-style questions.
    - Biology exam coming up next week on Chapter 2 and Chapter 5. Hoping to get at least 85% on it.
    - Physics we are currently studying Mechanics (free-fall) and I am trying to learn it on my own because the explanation from my teacher isn't great. Hopefully I will catch up but it seems like I will struggle a bit if I don't get myself motivated more.

ReputationRep:
    5 A-levels?! You’re giving me a heart attack! Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck Man
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    Hahaha thanks I don't mind Maths that much to be honest so I chose Further and besides, we are only doing Maths this year and will sit the exam in June and do further next year so its 4 subjects for me in 1 year anyways.

ReputationRep:
    good luck!
    wowwww 5 a levels!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    good luck!
    wowwww 5 a levels!!!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    5 A Levels! Damn, At least we have 4 in common! Don't listen to those telling you not to shoot for Oxford, with an attitude like this, you can manifest your dreams!

From, a keen reader of this blog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosam00)
    You won't know your BMAT mark when applying to Oxford because they only accept November BMAT. Your GCSEs are good, but for Oxford, you'd ideally need at least 9 A*s. You genuinely need to be hitting 7s in the BMAT to stand a chance, and that is very difficult lol. If you manage to get the grades your aiming for at AS/A level, you should really consider Cambridge instead. Oxford is a MASSIVE risk.
    Cambridge might be risky too although they don't have a set standard of roughly 8A*s like Oxford for medicine. If he does AS levels, maybe in maths/ FM, he'll need to be getting high As or over 90UMS if the maths ones still have that.

Cambridge also has BMAT btw and having lower than average GCSEs might make it tougher judging wise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    Jesus, you make me feel nervous about my 6 over here!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AryanGh)
    5 A Levels! Damn, At least we have 4 in common! Don't listen to those telling you not to shoot for Oxford, with an attitude like this, you can manifest your dreams!

From, a keen reader of this blog.
    Ha, thanks I love to keep working hard and I am definitely going to decide my options in Summer after I have visited different unis and have a looked at their course details etc. Also, I did my GCSEs from a place which has one of the worst performances in the country so surely universities will take that into account. Besides, I self taught myself maths and add maths.

(Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    Cambridge might be risky too although they don't have a set standard of roughly 8A*s like Oxford for medicine. If he does AS levels, maybe in maths/ FM, he'll need to be getting high As or over 90UMS if the maths ones still have that.

Cambridge also has BMAT btw and having lower than average GCSEs might make it tougher judging wise
    I will be doing A-level maths this year (early entry) and then do Further next year so hopefully that shows to unis that I'm not the average guy who is applying but I will decide like I said above in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
    Ha, thanks I love to keep working hard and I am definitely going to decide my options in Summer after I have visited different unis and have a looked at their course details etc. Also, I did my GCSEs from a place which has one of the worst performances in the country so surely universities will take that into account. Besides, I self taught myself maths and add maths.

I will be doing A-level maths this year (early entry) and then do Further next year so hopefully that shows to unis that I'm not the average guy who is applying but I will decide like I said above in the summer.
    I mean, you could still ask to do AS levels as a standalone for Chemistry and Biology too? Our school did that regardless because Oxbridge traditionally like AS scores, particularly Cambridge. AS level exams are expensive if the school wont pay though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryWhiz6)
    I mean, you could still ask to do AS levels as a standalone for Chemistry and Biology too? Our school did that regardless because Oxbridge traditionally like AS scores, particularly Cambridge. AS level exams are expensive if the school wont pay though.
    Our school won't make us sit AS but we will sit the actual AS papers as our mocks because it will be a better reflection of our abilities and no kid will have done any question before since it will be a new paper. I will talk to my school and ask them whether there is a possibility I can sit the AS anyway.

ReputationRep:
    "advice from nerdy people" lol you're a nerd doing 5 subjects predicted A/A*

ReputationRep:
    lol good luck getting those grades, I can guarantee you will burn yourself out doing 5 A levels. Unless you are a nerd
    I can barely survive with 3 in here.

Submit reply
Updated: November 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.