Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    So I'm studying level 3 biomedical science extended diploma, its my second year and I have no clue what I want to study. I don't have specific profession in my head and I'm kinda stressing out because I gotta apply to uni. I've been researching things and I've short listed it down to radiology, radiotherapy, pharmacology and microbiology.
    what would you recommend? I dont really like physics, or anything like genetics. I like more of the microbiology and physiology units we are studying.

Thanks <3
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qiamadin)
    Hi guys,
    So I'm studying level 3 biomedical science extended diploma, its my second year and I have no clue what I want to study. I don't have specific profession in my head and I'm kinda stressing out because I gotta apply to uni. I've been researching things and I've short listed it down to radiology, radiotherapy and microbiology.
    what would you recommend? I dont really like physics, or anything like genetics. I like more of the microbiology and physiology units we are studying.

Thanks <3
    you have to have had experience visits for both radiology and radiotherapy, so get some experience and then if you don't enjoy it perhaps consider microbiology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    you have to have had experience visits for both radiology and radiotherapy, so get some experience and then if you don't enjoy it perhaps consider microbiology.
    thank you I will try to find out in the limited time i have, and do you know anoything about what pharmacology is like ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qiamadin)
    thank you I will try to find out in the limited time i have, and do you know anoything about what pharmacology is like ?
    I'm afraid all I know is that it's the study of drugs, have you been to any open days yet that would help you massively? and order a pile of prospectuses to look at different modules for each degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I'm afraid all I know is that it's the study of drugs, have you been to any open days yet that would help you massively? and order a pile of prospectuses to look at different modules for each degree.
    alright, appreciate it !
    • :nutcase:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.