Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was born in China and raised in the Uk ask me anything Watch

(Original post by khookie)
    Haha that's so relatable, tbh I sometimes feel like the Chinese people at my sixth form judge me for not being fluent in Chinese And I'm applying this year as well, what universities are you applying to?
    Yeh well who cares, and it’s understandable like especially if it’s not used around you a lot and especially if you don’t have a lot of chinese or asian friends to speak it with. I have no chinese friends apart from one that I only just met and that person is really good, started asking me questions in both Cantonese and mandarin and I was just there like hahaha yup I totally know what you said totally. I only understand them the most in Cantonese.

Oh really? I’m thinking about these ones

Uni of Nottingham because it’s the city of where I live
    Birmingham City
    Manchester metropolitan
    Conventry
    Leicester de’montfort

What about you?

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    yay, ethnically Chinese people who can't speak Chinese! (like myself)
    I can give the impression that I can speak Chinese, by taking just a little bit longer than usual to text in that language
    Texting is okay for me but sometimes I stick in English words if I don’t know it in Chinese’s. I cannot speak fluently to save my life (well maybe I can)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    don't you think Chinese boys are so good looking? Damnn they are fine indeed
    Yes they are fine indeed, so many shuai ge’s hehe

(Original post by iqra2159)
    Why would anyone be curious about that?
    Idk they might be they might not be who cares

would you find it strange if one of your non-chinese friends liked chinese boys? xD sorry this sounds so weird but just wanted to know ahahaa

ReputationRep:
    Yeh well who cares, and it’s understandable like especially if it’s not used around you a lot and especially if you don’t have a lot of chinese or asian friends to speak it with. I have no chinese friends apart from one that I only just met and that person is really good, started asking me questions in both Cantonese and mandarin and I was just there like hahaha yup I totally know what you said totally. I only understand them the most in Cantonese.

Oh really? I’m thinking about these ones

Uni of Nottingham because it’s the city of where I live
    Birmingham City
    Manchester metropolitan
    Conventry
    Leicester de’montfort

What about you?
    That's very true! And I have a Chinese friend whose really close but she only speaks Cantonese and I only speak Mandarin And I'm applying to Edinburgh, Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester

what are you applying to at uni?

would you find it strange if one of your non-chinese friends liked chinese boys? xD sorry this sounds so weird but just wanted to know ahahaa
    No why would I care/mind and plus biracial couples are a thing nowadays. Go for it, it’s like when white people like kpop who cares it’s up to them.

what are you applying to at uni?
    Im planning to do adult nursing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.