G.C.S.E's some girl with 11 a* Watch

This discussion is closed.
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I achieved 11 A*s and an A this year.

Some of you people need to stop the stereotyping, we aren't all as you make out.
immortal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
some girl im my school got 11 a* and im just thinking how the hell can i keep up with that! i mean how can anybody keep up with that! :confused:
(not including really really smart ppl)
I know someone who got 12 A*s, but she worked her arse off, and has no life or friends.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by immortal)
I know someone who got 12 A*s, but she worked her arse off, and has no life or friends.
She has no life, or friends, but she does have 12 A*s.
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
awww

You should have been her friend.
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
awww

You should have been her friend.
I was. Then she spread nasty rumours, started putting me down, *****ing to me about my other friends, acting all 'holier than thou' and I decided I was better off without her.

She can keep her A*s - but they won't give her love.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bit of a sad case.
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm happy with my life, friends and 11A*s thanks
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by samdavyson)
Bit of a sad case.
I know. I pity her sometimes - but then I remember what a biatch she was, and think she's got her just dessert.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by joyabbott)
I'm happy with my life, friends and 11A*s thanks
Same here.
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
are they really hard then cos im really dum , im in the bottom set soi can only get a c in maths science and english and some other subjects.
did u expect the questions? was it really really hard?
Whats_The_411?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was. Then she spread nasty rumours, started putting me down, *****ing to me about my other friends, acting all 'holier than thou' and I decided I was better off without her.

Yes, let her keep them. You can do better
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
Yes, let her keep them. You can do better
Well, I didn't do amazing in my GCSEs, but I got the grades to do anything at all for AS, and that's all I needed. Well, all I needed, was a B in French, Spanish, Eng Lit and Textiles, and Cs in Maths, Science and lang/lit (I did get better), but I think socially, I've come out happier and matured emotionally.

And I'm willing to put in the extra mile for my ASs, which I guess is what is important too.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
are they really hard then cos im really dum , im in the bottom set soi can only get a c in maths science and english and some other subjects.
did u expect the questions? was it really really hard?
Who is that to?
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I didn't do amazing in my GCSEs, but I got the grades to do anything at all for AS, and that's all I needed. Well, all I needed, was a B in French, Spanish, Eng Lit and Textiles, and Cs in Maths, Science and lang/lit (I did get better), but I think socially, I've come out happier and matured emotionally.

And I'm willing to put in the extra mile for my ASs, which I guess is what is important too.
What are you aiming for in your As Levels?
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As, straight As. Luckily, I've chosen nice subjects (Languages, fashion and english) and it's gonna be hard, but not as hard as it could be.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As, straight As. Luckily, I've chosen nice subjects (Languages, fashion and english) and it's gonna be hard, but not as hard as it could be.
Fashion? Is that what it is called?
dieeiervonsatan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some girl im my school got 11 a* and im just thinking how the hell can i keep up with that! i mean how can anybody keep up with that! :confused:
(not including really really smart ppl)
Four people in my school got that last year. :rolleyes:
immortal
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by samdavyson)
Fashion? Is that what it is called?
No, it;s textiles, but mostly I study fashion in it, and design my own range of clothes for 16-25 year olds, making one of the designs. I'm taking French and Spanish, and Eng Lit - It's not that I can't do Maths/Sciences - its just I love languages and arts.
samd
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No, it;s textiles, but mostly I study fashion in it, and design my own range of clothes for 16-25 year olds, making one of the designs. I'm taking French and Spanish, and Eng Lit - It's not that I can't do Maths/Sciences - its just I love languages and arts.
That's cool. One of my sisters is very into the languages. French, German & Eng Lit A Level.
KuinKra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't forget that it also has to do with the type of schooling you receive. At privately funded schools, it's not uncommon for strings of A*s, but most state schools have such 'wonders' rarely.

And it is a bit unfair to say they have no life. I define "having a life" as something very different from most 'cool' people. As long as someone is happy, has friends and is doing what he/she is wanting to do, that's as much of having a life as you can get.

People say I have no life because I don't like to get ******ed every night at the local pub. I don't care because I'm happy with what I'm doing and where I'm going.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads