Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

who's revising for their gcse mocks??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely wished I had revised for my first set of mocks (we had two) in year 11 as we opened our results in an envelope in the hall to get you used to the atmosphere and my results weren't amazing which upset me tbh but I had started writing notes and revising from December so I had a bit of a safety belt for my actual exams. I came out with 4A*s (one 8), 6As (two sevens), 1B and 1C and I wished I had revised more for my mocks as they are so useful.

ReputationRep:
    I've got mocks in November, something like two weeks after half term. In year 10 I was super stressed about GCSEs but it's actually gotten to the point where I'm so stressed I'm passing out but also at the same time don't feel that bothered about any exams. I'm motivated but also cba to do any work which is great.
    But yeah idk good luck??? I'm revising kinda???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louis theroux)
    I've got mocks in November, something like two weeks after half term. In year 10 I was super stressed about GCSEs but it's actually gotten to the point where I'm so stressed I'm passing out but also at the same time don't feel that bothered about any exams. I'm motivated but also cba to do any work which is great.
    But yeah idk good luck??? I'm revising kinda???
    i have random periods of motivation but just disappears eventually
    good luck to you too
    :creep:

ReputationRep:
    More often than not your results wont hugley change after mocks
    Im revising as much as i can a day (3-8 Hours)

ReputationRep:
    i didn't start revising until Easter and came out with 8A*s and 4As, including 9,8,8 in Lit, Maths, Lang.

For GCSEs really the key is just to be really good at regurgitating and recalling knowledge, not really the best strategy at A Level, though.

^^^^THAT'S REALLY GOOD COULD YOU TELL ME HOW YOU REVISED FOR ENGLISH . I COULD DO WITH SOME ADVICE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanibonani)
    yeah same but with doing the new GCSEs there's not much to refer to - it's less learning information and learning exam question structures, being in the mind of an examiner, blah etc.
    for the new science GCSES if you're doing AQA i recommend the youtube channel - FREESCIENCELESSONS - he saved my science gcse

Maths i recommend lots of practise questions and the CGP revision Guide, and Corbettmaths youtube channel

English (both lit and lang) MRBRUFF on youtube is a godsend

RE (if your doing it) youtube the topics thats what i did and i found a videa summerising all my topics thats all i did anf i got a A

French ( or any foregn lanuage) QUIZLET, keep learning vocab

Thats all that comes to mind right now hope it helps

Youtube has most things you would ever need to just type in your examboard subject and topic and hopefully something will come up

ReputationRep:
    You know how people start to revise at the start of Christmas, how do you do it like as in do you do notes or flash cards because I’m not sure how to start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.Wilson13)
    You know how people start to revise at the start of Christmas, how do you do it like as in do you do notes or flash cards because I’m not sure how to start.
    I did notes for sciences and flashcards for French

ReputationRep:
    I probably ended up revising more for my mocks than my actual GCSEs. I didn't really use the notes that I wrote either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.