Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m planning on studying in Falmouth uni graphic design and it’s my number one priority . I come from Lithuania and our understanding of portfolio is just your best works put into a folder basically. After doing research on requirements for Falmouth portfolio I found out that your portfolio has to show progress of the work, and have descriptions about the works😟 or even projects. I’ve never done those things yet I’m willingly to try but I can’t find any examples that would guide me in the right direction, so if anyone could provide me with any useful information i would be extremely thankful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyy99)
    Hey, I’m planning on studying in Falmouth uni graphic design and it’s my number one priority . I come from Lithuania and our understanding of portfolio is just your best works put into a folder basically. After doing research on requirements for Falmouth portfolio I found out that your portfolio has to show progress of the work, and have descriptions about the works😟 or even projects. I’ve never done those things yet I’m willingly to try but I can’t find any examples that would guide me in the right direction, so if anyone could provide me with any useful information i would be extremely thankful.
    I'm interested in going to Falmouth and I've visited it a lot of times because I live near it. From my understanding, Falmouth and a range of unis elsewhere seem to be very interested in personal growth and achievement. They tend to be interested in your own potential during the course. Yes, you should show your best work in your portfolio, but you should also show experimentation and how you can challenge yourself, take risks etc. Try working with different materials, different scales, colours, patterns, textures. Show evidence of experimentation and a journey. Please tell me you have annotations about your work!!! These are so useful, not only for the uni to see your progress, but for yourself to progress! Hope all goes well x

ReputationRep:
    I do have annotations i’ll just have to translate them in English. I was just wondering what are you planning to major in?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.