Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in Year 10. I know it a bit early but is there any advice you could give me that will help me during my GCSE's?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Aliya_Iqbal)
    I'm currently in Year 10. I know it a bit early but is there any advice you could give me that will help me during my GCSE's?
    Not too early.

Make good notes.
    Attend all your classes.
    Make sue you tackle bits you dont understand or are weak on.
    Get some revision books- that might mean using Christmas or Bday or job money.
    Dowload mark schemes and examiners reports.
    Collect exam papers.

You can practice exams, but its just key to have good notes by end of year 12 so you arent playing catch up.

Up to you if you want to do extra notemaking or exam papers.

ReputationRep:
    English lit and Lang - mrbruff use him !! If you looked at his twitter page on results days mostly everyone who twitted him were saying thanks to him for helping them get a grade 7,8and quite a few 9,s

Maths - past papers past papers . And look at markschmes

Good advice : make all your notes in year 10 like your perfect notes in year 10 and then in year 11 it’s just repetition and past papers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Follow on student room ambitious bloggers who are doing there gcse they’ll help motivate you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try not to get lazy over the holidays, it can really set you back and when you come back to school you feel like you have to relearn a lot.
    Make a study/revision timetable and guide, before you start revising set out what you are gonna do and what you want to know by the end of your revision session.
    Make study notes, any interesting or important info put on a study card
    You can download apps for almost all subjects, keeps you able to revise or just up to date while on the go
    Go to the exam boards website and look for past papers and any mark schemes, they tend to follow themes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.