Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a student at Middlesex University doing a foundation year in BSc Biomedical Sciences and I want to transfer to another university for year 1 entry in 2018.
    I wanted to know what are good universities to apply for in London ?Also with the personal statement are there specific things I need to talk about or is it just more general?
    My university really isn't helping at all with the application process unfortunately...
    Thank you so much to anyone who helps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimasha)
    I am a student at Middlesex University doing a foundation year in BSc Biomedical Sciences and I want to transfer to another university for year 1 entry in 2018.
    I wanted to know what are good universities to apply for in London ?Also with the personal statement are there specific things I need to talk about or is it just more general?
    My university really isn't helping at all with the application process unfortunately...
    Can I ask what career you are looking to do after you've completed your degree, is it research, applying to medicine, or being a biomedical scientist in the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonygirl102)
    Can I ask what career you are looking to do after you've completed your degree, is it research, applying to medicine, or being a biomedical scientist in the NHS?
    I want to apply for medicine at the end of the degree.

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for medicine at the end of the degree.

Right ok.

According to whatuni.com the highest ranked Universities in London for Biomedical Science are: Imperial College London followed by University College London and then King's College London.

These three Universities are Russell Group Universities, so are going to make the transfer from Biomedical Science to Medicine a lot easier. I'm not sure about where these Unis stand in terms of the gap between Biomedical Sciences and Medicine, but these are things you will easily be able to find out on their website.

Sorry I'm not the most help, but I have given you an idea on what are the "three best unis" in London for Biomedical Sciences.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonygirl102)
    Right ok.

According to whatuni.com the highest ranked Universities in London for Biomedical Science are: Imperial College London followed by University College London and then King's College London.

These three Universities are Russell Group Universities, so are going to make the transfer from Biomedical Science to Medicine a lot easier. I'm not sure about where these Unis stand in terms of the gap between Biomedical Sciences and Medicine, but these are things you will easily be able to find out on their website.

Sorry I'm not the most help, but I have given you an idea on what are the "three best unis" in London for Biomedical Sciences.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much for the help , I'll be emailing the universities now to see whether they would consider my application .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the help , I'll be emailing the universities now to see whether they would consider my application .
    No worries, it's ok.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am also completing a foundation in BSc Biomedical science and birkbeck university anf want to transfer for year 1 entry in 2018 and was wondering if you got any replies from UCL, Kings or any other uni.
    Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello Dimasha,

Is there any specific reason you would like to move to another university?
    Do you need any advice?
    I am currently studying here and if you want we can have a chat!

Have a great day
    Ludovica

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.