The Student Room Group

Course content

Hi. I'm interested in doing either economics and french or law and french but I don't know that much about economics. I was just wondering what type of content do you cover in the course? Is there a lot about politics? What type of maths is involved? (Maths isn't a problem for me so I'm not worried about it, just interested) anything else about the course would be useful to know.
Also, do you know anyone doing a joint degree with economics? If so, do you know if they do a lot less of the content compared to someone doing a straight economics degree?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Ellalaura99
Hi. I'm interested in doing either economics and french or law and french but I don't know that much about economics. I was just wondering what type of content do you cover in the course? Is there a lot about politics? What type of maths is involved? (Maths isn't a problem for me so I'm not worried about it, just interested) anything else about the course would be useful to know.
Also, do you know anyone doing a joint degree with economics? If so, do you know if they do a lot less of the content compared to someone doing a straight economics degree?

Thanks

This is something you should be researching yourself. Nobody is going to write a post explaining what economics is when there are so many other resources that explain it. Do a basic google search, or read wikipedia.

The course content will vary between unis. If it's a BSc there's generally more maths content than a BA, but there are some exceptions. Think about what unis you're interested in, and look at their websites for the module descriptions.
If I was in your position, I would buy or borrow a uni core economics textbook to get a feel for the subject to help decide. At the end of the day your post says you need to gather more info about your options. Other people’s opinions may help, but you should just research the subjects and courses themselves, as what other people like, may not be what you like. Also, see if you can attend any uni open days to get info about them too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending