Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 10 and we've been told we have to complete work experience in July. We've been given a form to fill in that we need to give to the employer to complete and we have to go in store or wherever we want to do work and ask for work experience to make a good impression. I don't know what to say when approaching a member of staff in store. I'm going to go to superdrug but what can I say when asking if they offer work experience and if they'll take me on?? I have social anxiety

ReputationRep:
    "hi there, I was just wondering whether you take students on for work experience? if so can you point me in the direction of who to talk to about that?"
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I done work experience myself. I was a bit nervous at first myself and had slight anxiety. I just went into the store and found a member of staff who were on their own (stacking shelves etc) as I found it hard to go up to the counter with multiple people their. And just told them what it was I had to do and if they provide work experience. They were unsure but got a manger who said that they would happily provide work experience. I was their for 2 weeks everything went fine and they were happy to fill out forms for me and I was asked if I wanted to apply for a job role that they had available. Everything will be fine and nothing can go wrong. Hope this helps 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MFW1999)
    I done work experience myself. I was a bit nervous at first myself and had slight anxiety. I just went into the store and found a member of staff who were on their own (stacking shelves etc) as I found it hard to go up to the counter with multiple people their. And just told them what it was I had to do and if they provide work experience. They were unsure but got a manger who said that they would happily provide work experience. I was their for 2 weeks everything went fine and they were happy to fill out forms for me and I was asked if I wanted to apply for a job role that they had available. Everything will be fine and nothing can go wrong. Hope this helps 😁
    Work experience at Tesco, by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for the respones, I'm about to go out to town now to go to the shop and try and get some work experience, wish me luck :bricks::excited:

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to 12 different shops and every single one of them said they don't offer work experience. And because I can't find anywhere my school are gonna pick for me and I'm gonna have to go to some stupid headquarters place to do some stupid accounting stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SelGomezIsLife)
    Ive been to 12 different shops and every single one of them said they don't offer work experience. And because I can't find anywhere my school are gonna pick for me and I'm gonna have to go to some stupid headquarters place to do some stupid accounting stuff
    If you're really against doing that maybe try doing work experince at a primary school?

Boots is usually a place that accepts people for work experience

ReputationRep:
    don't do it , it's torture
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Boots is usually a place that accepts people for work experience

What part of boots offer work experience? The main store or the little pharmacy in the store because I don't really wanna do the pharmacy or the tills

ReputationRep:
    I have to do it sadly
    (Original post by study beats)
    don't do it , it's torture

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.