Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi do my last post I told everyone how my par3nts didn't want me to go uni and would disown me if left against their will so I decided to r3apply next year when I'll be 21; I'd like to know the process of applying on my own and whether there would be any issues with funding thanks in advance
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi do my last post I told everyone how my par3nts didn't want me to go uni and would disown me if left against their will so I decided to r3apply next year when I'll be 21; I'd like to know the process of applying on my own and whether there would be any issues with funding thanks in advance
    You are counted as dependent until 25 unless you ve been working before then so funding might be a problem for you as you haven't been estranged from your parents

(Original post by claireestelle)
    You are counted as dependent until 25 unless you ve been working before then so funding might be a problem for you as you haven't been estranged from your parents
    And what about applying on my own (not through college)is it going to be a problem?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    And what about applying on my own (not through college)is it going to be a problem?
    If you can get a reference from them then you re fine

(Original post by claireestelle)
    If you can get a reference from them then you re fine
    Will I be able to get a place at a good uni and will it not be weird to start uni at 21
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Will I be able to get a place at a good uni and will it not be weird to start uni at 21
    Your age shouldn't make a massive difference

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.