Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this year I have been feeling a bit down/under the weather ever since a more serious illness back in August and as a result I have missed a lot of my chemistry lessons - more so than my other courses. This was often because not only was I feeling ill, but I simply didn't have the strength / energy to go to the lesson.

This has resulted in me missing a test and two whole chapters (20+21 of OCR), which I promised my teacher I would catch up on over half term ready for a test in 20/21 the first week back as well as catching up on my missed ch19 test.

However, every time I pick up my books and try to get my head down and focus on my work - which I know I need to do as I need to get at least a C, if not a B in all my subjects (Biology I definitely need a B, which I know I am capable of) - I find it extremely difficult to concentrate or focus on it, and none of the information seems to sink in.

I really can't afford to fail my A level, but if I don't get some motivation and energy to catch up soon, that is what's going to happen.

If any of you have any tips at all, I would be so grateful, or if you have had a similar experience please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thank you guys!

ReputationRep:
    You won't have to study a-level chemistry forever,but the grade you get in A-level chemistry will stay with you forever.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise doing little and often amounts of work. Maybe start by reading a couple of pages of the book, and making revision cards from it with a question you've made up on one side, and the answer on the other. Then look over these cards a few times through the day until you're familiar with that bit of the course. These sorts of cards are especially great for learning definitions or reaction mechanisms. The important thing is to not stress out too much - you've still got plenty of time before the exam. Don't rush head first into the work - if you aren't motivated then nothing you're reading will stay in your mind. Short bursts of work are absolutely the best way to go in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    get snaprevise you can do the whole content in a few days or you can get theses condensed notes written by examainer which i used and i got an A in chem a level as they legit condensed all the notes to like 90 pages of info you need to know .message me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.