Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people on TSR hate LGBT community? watch

ReputationRep:
    I see so many homophobic comments and threads on here. Why aren't the mods taking them down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appp1998)
    I see so many homophobic comments and threads on here. Why aren't the mods taking them down?
    Because the mods care more about protecting followers of a certain homophobic religion than supporting the rights of the LGBT community even though their headquarters is based in Brighton, which has a high LGBT population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Plot twist: it's the mods who are making those comments
    (Original post by constantine2016)
    Because the mods care more about protecting followers of a certain homophobic religion than supporting the rights of the LGBT community even though their headquarters is based in Brighton, which has a high LGBT population.
    From what I have seen I'd say its pretty neutral.

ReputationRep:
    Thing is the word 'homophobic' is thrown around all the time, but im just curious as to what people class as homophobic?
    Like personally to me someone who is homophobic is someone who actively goes out of there way to make someone of the lgbt group feel sh*t about who they are and intentionally bully them because of that
    BUT many people call people homophobic if they think being gay is a sin. In my opinion this isnt homophobia, as long as they dont actively insult a person of the lgbt circle if you get my vibe. At the end of the day its OK to think being gay is wrong, its NOT OK to ridicule someone for this. Especially as we all believe in free speech, its a two way thing
    Just had to get that out there

ReputationRep:
    You need to offer a specific example to make this thread credible. I couldn't possibly tell whether this is a real problem, too many posts.

If it's so much of one, shouldn't take you long.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t see that many homophobic comments on here. Most of the ones I have seen are made by Muslims and they constitute a minuscule proportion of this site’s user base.

ReputationRep:
    Because we people hate everyone. Homosexuals get no special treatment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Where? I've never read one. Any showthread codes?

ReputationRep:
    Don't beat around the bush. Tell it straight that you think the mods are Jain appologists.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't know, I report such threads regularly and have only seen one mod refuse to take one down...and that was quite a while ago.

Then again I often avoid "discourse" threads because frankly most of you are dumb as a sack of bricks and I'd get more interesting, thoughtful, and nuanced debate from my bedroom wall.

Sorry/not sorry?

ReputationRep:
    I hate every body equally what ever sex race social class they are. A part from my family and friends who I love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    Don't beat around the bush. Tell it straight that you think the mods are Jain appologists.
    And get banned? No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    There's still a decent amount of people in the world who hate the LGBT community for various reasons. With TSR being predominantly younger people (which you'd think should be more open about it..) and the anonymous aspect of online posting, people don't hesitate to voice their opinion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate the people, but I dislike the "gay pride" movement. Awareness is good (and I encourage it) given that much of the world still persecutes LGBT people. But pride? Imagine the uproar if there was a "straight pride" parade. Now, what makes gay pride different? Why do they need to act as if they need special attention or treatment?

Note that this doesn't apply to all LGBT people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    I don't hate the people, but I dislike the "gay pride" movement. Awareness is good (and I encourage it) given that much of the world still persecutes LGBT people. But pride? Imagine the uproar if there was a "straight pride" parade. Now, what makes gay pride different? Why do they need to act as if they need special attention or treatment?

Note that this doesn't apply to all LGBT people.
    'Straight pride' was never needed because heterosexuality was never illegal and heterosexual people were never persecuted for being heterosexual. Gay pride celebrates the fact that LGBT people no longer have to live in fear of having their sexuality discovered.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there are than many comments, mainly just people trolling or trying to get a rise. But I don't think there is a serious homophobe problem

ReputationRep:
    'Straight pride' was never needed because heterosexuality was never illegal and heterosexual people were never persecuted for being heterosexual. Gay pride celebrates the fact that LGBT people no longer have to live in fear of having their sexuality discovered.
    That's great, but I feel that it's getting a bit out of hand. What also annoys me is when famous people get extra status for being gay? Why? Do we give extra status to left-handers? If they struggled because of it then fair enough - they should share their story and spread awareness. But if they didn't, they're almost feeding off other people's struggles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)
    That's great, but I feel that it's getting a bit out of hand. What also annoys me is when famous people get extra status for being gay? Why? Do we give extra status to left-handers? If they struggled because of it then fair enough - they should share their story and spread awareness. But if they didn't, they're almost feeding off other people's struggles.
    I think it is a good thing that celebrities are coming out gay and being active in the LGBT community. A lot of LGBT youths look up to these celebrities and it may help them to feel less ashamed of their sexuality, especially if they live in a community where being LGBT is enough to get you disowned by your family.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Please report any comments that you deem to be homophobic, so that TSR staff can review the posts and consider whether they might need removing.

My personal experience is that most people here are pretty good, the ones that aren't just tend to be ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t hate any member of the LGBT community. What people do in their own time is their business.

I merely dislike the inviolable status that society seems to award to the LGBT community and it’s agendas, and the fact that many beliefs that might not suit the LGBT community are institutionally marginalised. For example:

- I dislike the social repercussions that Tim Farron has faced due to his alleged belief that gay sex is a sin.

- I disagree with Bath Spa University’s decision to block research on transgender people who decide to de-transition, in case the results are “politically incorrect”.

- I dislike the fact that bakeries owned by Christians have been successfully sued for refusing to create cakes with pro-homosexuality messages/images on them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.