Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people on TSR hate LGBT community? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
    Thing is the word 'homophobic' is thrown around all the time, but im just curious as to what people class as homophobic?
    Like personally to me someone who is homophobic is someone who actively goes out of there way to make someone of the lgbt group feel sh*t about who they are and intentionally bully them because of that
    BUT many people call people homophobic if they think being gay is a sin. In my opinion this isnt homophobia, as long as they dont actively insult a person of the lgbt circle if you get my vibe. At the end of the day its OK to think being gay is wrong, its NOT OK to ridicule someone for this. Especially as we all believe in free speech, its a two way thing
    Just had to get that out there

If you are going to give religion a free pass when it comes to being homophobic then you are essentially absolving the main source of homophobia of any guilt.Homophobia is still homophobia even if you dress that up behind beliefs in god and magic.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by artful_lounger)
    I don't know, I report such threads regularly and have only seen one mod refuse to take one down...and that was quite a while ago.

Then again I often avoid "discourse" threads because frankly most of you are dumb as a sack of bricks and I'd get more interesting, thoughtful, and nuanced debate from my bedroom wall.

Sorry/not sorry?
    I'd rep you more if it let me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    - I dislike the fact that bakeries owned by Christians have been successfully sued for refusing to create cakes with pro-homosexuality messages/images on them
    That is pretty hypocritical. Seems to me that they are saying that our beliefs are better than your beliefs.

Like you I have nothing against LGBT but I just wish they would stop ramming it down our throats on every type of media. I feel like "you've made your point now give it an effing rest"! I'm sick of everything rainbow coloured etc etc.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
      I don’t see that many homophobic comments on here. Most of the ones I have seen are made by Muslims and they constitute a minuscule proportion of this site’s user base.
      I hardly think the muslims are a miniscule proportion. If they were representative of the UK youth population, they'd be ~8% or something, and on top of that you have a lot of southern Asian users of this site.

ReputationRep:
      People are fed up of the LGBT brigade's insistence that everyone must accept their reformation of thought and language.

"It's just two people in love and what they do in private doesn't affect you."

If only that were really true. This insidious lie (along with many others) has been peddled many times to gradually advance radical reality-denying ideas that aim to reform thought, language, and ultimately society. In LGBT land reality is a "social construct" created by the patriarchy and is therefore fair game for destruction.

Today I read that the government have suggested that expectant mothers should be called "pregnant people" instead of "pregnant women". Doubtless another corruption of language pushed forward by powerful forces that exist behind the scenes. Never mind the invariable loss of accuracy you get with these new "inclusive" politically correct terms - you shall use these terms or accept that you're a bigot.

ReputationRep:
      Cause there would be no mankind with just Adam and Steve

Joking 🙃
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      You're missing a few letters there. I think it's LGBTQIALMNOP123 now. Get with the times. Excluding oppressed and marginalised groups from the acronym is casual cis-hetero white supremacist violence.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Robby2312)
      If you are going to give religion a free pass when it comes to being homophobic then you are essentially absolving the main source of homophobia of any guilt.Homophobia is still homophobia even if you dress that up behind beliefs in god and magic.
      I say this from a gay persons point of view, you need to understand that people have different beliefs and some people believe being gay is wrong. Saying anyone with this belief is a homophobe is pathetic as they are entitled to a belief, if they riducule a gay person for this then yes that is homophobic. For example a couple of my muslim friends disagree with my being gay since they believe its wrong, that is OK. But they are still my friends as i acknowdlege people have different beliefs and it really isnt an issue since they do not mock me for it at all. So no i believe you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by appp1998)
      I see so many homophobic comments and threads on here. Why aren't the mods taking them down?
      Bull **** , it’s not just on tsr that you will find these comments , look anywhere on social media websites or apps , just because they make homophonic comments it doesn’t mean their homophobic , they’re just key board warriors , it doesn’t make them homophobic like me putting on a sexy outfit doesn’t then make me sexy what it does mean is that I have a sexy outfit on 😂

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
      Because we people hate everyone. Homosexuals get no special treatment.
      I agree with you, it annoys me when people think because they are different to the majority of the population that they are God’s gift or very special in a way that deserves constant attention , like really grow up 👌🏻👌🏻

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ismaeel Ali)
      I say this from a gay persons point of view, you need to understand that people have different beliefs and some people believe being gay is wrong. Saying anyone with this belief is a homophobe is pathetic as they are entitled to a belief, if they riducule a gay person for this then yes that is homophobic. For example a couple of my muslim friends disagree with my being gay since they believe its wrong, that is OK. But they are still my friends as i acknowdlege people have different beliefs and it really isnt an issue since they do not mock me for it at all. So no i believe you are wrong.
      So what if people have different beliefs? The nazis also believed homosexuality was wrong.Is that ok because its their belief? No religious beliefs are just beliefs like any other.They should not get special priveleges just because people are scared of causing offense.If you believe gay people are wrong then thats homophobic regardless of whichever religion you hide behind.Saying its your belief is not a valid reason at all.Its a stupid belief.

ReputationRep:
      So what if people have different beliefs? The nazis also believed homosexuality was wrong.Is that ok because its their belief? No religious beliefs are just beliefs like any other.They should not get special priveleges just becomes ause people are scared of causing offense.If you believe gay people are wrong then thats homophobic regardless of whichever religion you hide behind.Saying its your belief is not a valid reason at all.Its a stupid belief.
      Actually it is ok (although an extreme example) for a nazi to think homosexuality is wrong. Thinking something is wrong is VERY different to attacking someone for there sexuality. It would only be wrong IF they would actively bully someone of the LGBT community
      Don't get me wrong I am on your side I think it's pathetic people follow a book written 50 billion years ago but that's the problem. People still do, and yes I is a stupid belief but how I see it people are entitled to there own beliefs and it isn't an issue until said people go out of there way to harm a gay person
      I couldn't give 2

ReputationRep:
      So what if people have different beliefs? The nazis also believed homosexuality was wrong.Is that ok because its their belief? No religious beliefs are just beliefs like any other.They should not get special priveleges just becomes ause people are scared of causing offense.If you believe gay people are wrong then thats homophobic regardless of whichever religion you hide behind.Saying its your belief is not a valid reason at all.Its a stupid belief.
      Actually it is ok (although an extreme example) for a nazi to think homosexuality is wrong. Thinking something is wrong is VERY different to attacking someone for there sexuality. It would only be wrong IF they would actively bully someone of the LGBT community
      Don't get me wrong I am on your side I think it's pathetic people follow a book written 50 billion years ago but that's the problem. People still do, and yes It is a stupid belief but how I see it people are entitled to there own beliefs and it isn't an issue until said people go out of there way to harm a gay person
      I couldn't give 2 flying sh*ts if someone thought me being gay was a sin. Great you think that but as long as they don't harm me I do not care hence the reason I wouldn't class them as homophobic as they just have a belief and that is ok

ReputationRep:
      I've only had this account since around middle-late September but I don't recall coming across any homophobic comments. A few troll threads, yes, but no homophobia in my experience.

ReputationRep:
      I see so many homophobic comments and threads on here. Why aren't the mods taking them down?
      The NWO Transgender Agenda exists partly in order to reduce the world populaton. There are a lot of covert transgenders in sport and Hollywood.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by constantine2016)
      Because the mods care more about protecting followers of a certain homophobic religion than supporting the rights of the LGBT community even though their headquarters is based in Brighton, which has a high LGBT population.
      This is, quite frankly, nonsense. If a rule is broken and you observe this, report the post and it will be dealt with appropriately.

Best wishes

ReputationRep:
      Can you please show me some examples of these many homophobic comments which you think should be taken down but has not been?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tazarooni89)
      I don’t hate any member of the LGBT community. What people do in their own time is their business.

I merely dislike the inviolable status that society seems to award to the LGBT community and it’s agendas, and the fact that many beliefs that might not suit the LGBT community are institutionally marginalised. For example:

- I dislike the social repercussions that Tim Farron has faced due to his alleged belief that gay sex is a sin.

- I disagree with Bath Spa University’s decision to block research on transgender people who decide to de-transition, in case the results are “politically incorrect”.

- I dislike the fact that bakeries owned by Christians have been successfully sued for refusing to create cakes with pro-homosexuality messages/images on them
      The examples you gave are a clear case of the classic Nazism one sees in the UK.

ReputationRep:
      So what if people have different beliefs? The nazis also believed homosexuality was wrong.Is that ok because its their belief? No religious beliefs are just beliefs like any other.They should not get special priveleges just because people are scared of causing offense.If you believe gay people are wrong then thats homophobic regardless of whichever religion you hide behind.Saying its your belief is not a valid reason at all.Its a stupid belief.
      So if I think eating pork is wrong, does that mean I have hatred for or a phobia of those that eat pork?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by avenue321)
      The NWO Transgender Agenda exists partly in order to reduce the world populaton. There are a lot of covert transgenders in sport and Hollywood.
      Complete nonsense, even by the standards of most conspiracy theories.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.