Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys can anyone give me any sort of advice. i am in the middle of applying for biomedical sciences for university and i want to apply to queen mary and kings college (obvs i have other choices as well but these two are the ones i am the most worried about) however my predicted grades are AAC not AAB which both the universities needed my grades to be. do y'all think its worth applying and wasting my choices on these unis or should i choose the one that would accept me the most. plz respond asap mans pulling my hair out because of this thank youuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ririblink1234)
    hi guys can anyone give me any sort of advice. i am in the middle of applying for biomedical sciences for university and i want to apply to queen mary and kings college (obvs i have other choices as well but these two are the ones i am the most worried about) however my predicted grades are AAC not AAB which both the universities needed my grades to be. do y'all think its worth applying and wasting my choices on these unis or should i choose the one that would accept me the most. plz respond asap mans pulling my hair out because of this thank youuuuuu
    Can't you apply for more than one university? And can you apply afterwards? Honestly it's best to at least get a university degree than none at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Germanyisthebest)
    Can't you apply for more than one university? And can you apply afterwards? Honestly it's best to at least get a university degree than none at all.
    i am applying to other universities: greenwich, birkbeck and middlesex because i have five choices of unit but the problem is that i don't know if i should waste my options on unis that won't even accept me when they look at my predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't bother applying because universities know that predicted grades are the best case scenario so if your predicted grades don't even live up to that then it's unlikely they'll give you an offer. Also King's and Queen's are popular universities so they'll have hundreds of applicants with higher grades to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what it's like in your school but at mine we were allowed to choose our final predicted grade on our ucas application (within reason) so the grades our subject teachers put down were fairly irrelevant, so if you haven't already double check with your head of hear or whoever sends off your final application? My teachers put me down as AAB but I was allowed to change it to AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laitankoko)
    Personally I wouldn't bother applying because universities know that predicted grades are the best case scenario so if your predicted grades don't even live up to that then it's unlikely they'll give you an offer. Also King's and Queen's are popular universities so they'll have hundreds of applicants with higher grades to choose from.
    thank you. ill probably just apply to queen mary not kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OFur)
    I'm not sure what it's like in your school but at mine we were allowed to choose our final predicted grade on our ucas application (within reason) so the grades our subject teachers put down were fairly irrelevant, so if you haven't already double check with your head of hear or whoever sends off your final application? My teachers put me down as AAB but I was allowed to change it to AAA
    my school is crap the teachers won't allow anyone to change theirs until they get it signed by their actual subject teachers and my subject teachers won't let me change the C to a B they might change my A to an A* but i don't wanna get an offer using that grade and not get the grade and loose that offer. but thanks for the help! and ur si lucky u can choose ur predicted grades!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.