Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Level 3 ICT Cambridge technical cyber security and Networking Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Level 3 ICT Cambridge technicals?

ReputationRep:
    Me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Finally found someone, how are you finding it ? Have started to revising for the unit 1 exam,? i know is kinda far away.....

ReputationRep:
    Me too mines in January when’s yours?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am doing this too. What do you do to revise?

ReputationRep:
    Same mines in January too. here is the link where you can get the book it really helps but my teacher said its not worth it and also she had a look at the book and said its not in depth enough to the maximum marks . I strongly advise you if you buy the book , make sure you follow the specification , it tells everything what to cover in detail. Where as the book sometimes doesn't . Tbh what my teacher said its true thats why i got the book from the library because whatever it says on the book its likely to come in the exam. I would not recommend it buy it but if you really need it then buy it . Its your choice. i would say get it from the library. its got all contents for year 1 which is unit 1 and unit 2 and year 2 units 3 cyber security and unit 5 cloud computing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-T...als+level+3+IT

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sophia

The topics you need to revise its in the specification. Which includes UNIT 1 FUNDAMENTALS OF IT AND UNIT 2 GLOBAL INFORMATION but make sure its in A level standard detail. Thats my head of computer science and IT teacher said in order to gain full marks on partcualr question thats because some of the questions will be structured in A level detail.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/139170-...er-systems.pdf

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/266821-...t-material.pdf

This the sample assessment materiel. This was the last year exam for 2016 when it was first introduced. Statistically, only a few people achieved a merit and the majority on either done bad or passed. It actually really helps.

Question paper - Unit 01 - Fundamentals of IT (PDF, 347KB) New 18/10/2017

Question paper - Unit 02 - Global information (PDF, 279KB) New 18/10/2017

Mark scheme - Unit 01 - Fundamentals of IT - January (PDF, 235KB)
    New 01/11/2017

Mark scheme - Unit 01 - Fundamentals of IT - January (PDF, 235KB)
    New 01/11/2017
    Here is the latest paper, its okay but no too hard , it only got released like a month ago

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.