I take a laxative to try and be thin Watch

Miss Lockett
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
wasnt sure where to put this but basically I am a size 12 and 5 feet 6 i feel fat and lately I take a laxative a day to try and slim my weight down I am desperate but lately started to get bad pains in my stomach my bf says I am not fat but I think I look gross
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could just diet and exercise
Miss Lockett
Rep:
?
i do that, I go for a run and cycle but I can't seem to lose any weight, have cut down on food as well
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Laxatives won't make you lose real weight, it's just water weight. You will just get addicted to them and then depend on them. And then at the end of it all there's things like dying when you inevitably overdose on them, or your bowels stop working, or you have seizures from electrolyte imbalances.

Get to your GP and talk to them about your body image issues and your disordered eating habits, you need help.
Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Miss Lockett)
i do that, I go for a run and cycle but I can't seem to lose any weight, have cut down on food as well
Stop lying.
Miss Lockett
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
Stop lying.
shut up you don't know me
Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
shut up you don't know me
I don't need to know you to know you're lying.

Clearly your reaction suggests you were.
Miss Lockett
Rep:
?
I don't need to know you to know you're lying.

Clearly your reaction suggests you were.
I asked for advice and not to be called a liar leave me alone if you got nothing good to say other than have a go at me
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's a sh*tty idea.
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A laxative isn't going to do anything, you want to lose weight - eat less than you are eating now.
Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I asked for advice and not to be called a liar leave me alone if you got nothing good to say other than have a go at me
I am giving you advice. Stop lying about going for a run and cutting down on food and you will lose weight.
Dysf(x)al
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
wasnt sure where to put this but basically I am a size 12 and 5 feet 6 i feel fat and lately I take a laxative a day to try and slim my weight down I am desperate but lately started to get bad pains in my stomach my bf says I am not fat but I think I look gross
Don't take laxatives. They don't magically make you lose weight. Please don't do anything stupid to lose weight (no matter how desperate you are). Go and see a doctor for advice on losing weight safely.
Miss Lockett
Rep:
?
I am giving you advice. Stop lying about going for a run and cutting down on food and you will lose weight.
why would i lie about it this is exactly what I am doing
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nothing wrong with being a size 12; why do you want to lose weight?
Nebuchadnezzaṛ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why would i lie about it this is exactly what I am doing
Because you "can't seem to lose any weight". It's not possible to not lose weight if you're eating below your maintenance calories.
ABeingOnEarth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't do it.
TechSupport
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go on a ketogenic diet 😂, eat less carb food until your body produces ketones as energy.

But a diet is the best way of losing weight and get active, take regular runs etc
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
honestly, from suffering from anorexia for 5 years I can tell you it's not worth it. I'm well on my way to recovery and rarely take lax anymore unless they're actually needed. taking laxatives can result in electrolyte imbalances such as hypokalaemia ...it's not fun and you actually end up storing water weight post lax. you'll just feel worse in yourself, physically and mentally. please talk to someone you trust or a medical professional. I am sure you are perfect and don't need to change yourself!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads