Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boss makes me work illegal hours and has involved me in fraud Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I work in a cafe. I'm under the age of 16 and have just managed to reduce my working hours from 20+ a week. I only stay at my job because it's really nearby. But last time I was in, my boss made me fill out health and safety forms which hadn't and should have been filled in from half way through last year. So I spent my whole shift writing out fake accounts from May 2016 just to keep inspectors happy. I feel really bad about the whole thing and it's clear my boss is taking advantage of me but I don't want to lose my job and I don't know if I should report it?

ReputationRep:
    You can get other jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You can get other jobs
    Most places won't take on people under 16 though.

ReputationRep:
    although this fake health & safety stuff is illegal i would not bother reporting it. as you say the job is convenient for you & they do not seem fussed by your age... just put up with it until you are old enough to apply for other work.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louis theroux)
    So basically, I work in a cafe. I'm under the age of 16 and have just managed to reduce my working hours from 20+ a week. I only stay at my job because it's really nearby. But last time I was in, my boss made me fill out health and safety forms which hadn't and should have been filled in from half way through last year. So I spent my whole shift writing out fake accounts from May 2016 just to keep inspectors happy. I feel really bad about the whole thing and it's clear my boss is taking advantage of me but I don't want to lose my job and I don't know if I should report it?
    Yes. Report it.
    You may not mind too much, but if they're doing it with you they may do it with others and the health and safety form things is just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Most places won't take on people under 16 though.
    I know, but there's babysitting, dog-walking, paper rounds. If she's that miserable, she will leave and look for something else. Sure, it'll be less money but at least she won't be worried about doing things illegally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.