Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm the DUFF of my friendship group Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else a DUFF of their friendship group because I totally am and I hate it so much so feel free to share your experiences below, here's mine:

Please don't start having a go at me I'm feeling pretty rough right now and I just need somewhere to rant about how I feel, I feel like no matter what happens I'll never be as good or even close to my friends. They've been in so many relationships and some of them have boys and girls all fighting over them and I have no one interested in me in the slightest unless its about my friends. I feel so rough right now I know you shouldn't let how other people feel/say towards you impact you but I'm in a situation where one of my friends is dating someone in a group and the remaining people in the group (boys and girls) are all in love with my other friend and I'm just on the sideline watching. I've been making a massive effort to try and get to know them personally but they just want to be with my friend and it just feels no one will ever feel anything towards me. I understand I'm not the best looking person in the world but it's so hard when you wish you were like your friends because their love lives are just amazing and your is non-existent. I guess that's the perks of being the DUFF of the friendship group

if ur 15 or under then their 'amazing' relationships will be nothing more than a cringey memory in a few years. If 18+ umm.... well **** man idk. btw i cant relate coz i am a sad loner with like 3 frendz who arent that cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if ur 15 or under then their 'amazing' relationships will be nothing more than a cringey memory in a few years. If 18+ umm.... well **** man idk. btw i cant relate coz i am a sad loner with like 3 frendz who arent that cute.
    I'm 17 in a couple days also I'm sure you and your friends are cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applesandalevels)
    Anyone else a DUFF of their friendship group because I totally am and I hate it so much so feel free to share your experiences below, here's mine:

Please don't start having a go at me I'm feeling pretty rough right now and I just need somewhere to rant about how I feel, I feel like no matter what happens I'll never be as good or even close to my friends. They've been in so many relationships and some of them have boys and girls all fighting over them and I have no one interested in me in the slightest unless its about my friends. I feel so rough right now I know you shouldn't let how other people feel/say towards you impact you but I'm in a situation where one of my friends is dating someone in a group and the remaining people in the group (boys and girls) are all in love with my other friend and I'm just on the sideline watching. I've been making a massive effort to try and get to know them personally but they just want to be with my friend and it just feels no one will ever feel anything towards me. I understand I'm not the best looking person in the world but it's so hard when you wish you were like your friends because their love lives are just amazing and your is non-existent. I guess that's the perks of being the DUFF of the friendship group
    Seriously why do you even care? You're still 17 and when you're in uni everyone will be running towards so don't over think it and just focus on your studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenBell)
    Seriously why do you even care? You're still 17 and when you're in uni everyone will be running towards so don't over think it and just focus on
    your studies.
    Idk I’m just in a bad place right now and it’s just bothering me but you’re right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.