Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to keep a girl keeping texting you? Watch

Just out of curiosity, like how would you keep a convo if the other person is giving rubbish replies? 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    After a certain point it’s better to stop replying and just carry on another day, before it gets too stale.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Just out of curiosity, like how would you keep a convo if the other person is giving rubbish replies? 😂
    Hahah if that happens and if I'm very comfortable Ill with the guy Ill just be like...damn boy you're boring me. Lets talk later

Otherwise Ill just say like-- Okay Im probably going out today so kinda busy but we'll talk later?

ReputationRep:
    If I start giving rubbish replies then I don't think there's going back unless you talk about things that I really enjoy doing but we would've already spoken about that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If they're boring at replying, why would you want to talk to them? Doesn't sound like you both get along and one-sided conversations are never fun.

Or you could just ask to meet up, some people aren't great at texting.

ReputationRep:

listen, she's not really that into you bro

save yourself some headache and next her............

I hope this isnt so in your case...but sometimes rubbish replies are because that the other person doesn't really feel like talking but doesn't want to explicitly shut the other person down... might be a hint that she/he is busy or having a long day and wants the convo to stop. Maybe give that person some time and try again tomorrow with a fresh topic?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should stop writing her.. let her stew for some time and if she really feels sympathetic about you she will write you soon
    But your intrusiveness will never do
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you’re over 6’ and have a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. I'd ignore it and either message them hours later, or let them message me again. Either they need some space, or they're busy, or they don't like you that much and in keep making them feel obligated to reply to their phone (it going off all the time when you're trying to do something is annoying) will cause them to get fed up of you.

If people want to talk to you they will. Me and my gf have a month long conversation at the moment, even if it's only three or four messages a day because if you want to talk to someone you'll find something to say - an anecdote, a thing that happened in their day, a joke, whatever. My point is when people want to talk they'll talk, I have literally sent 'this conversation is going nowhere' and totally changed the topic before because I wanted to talk to the person and the conversation was dying.

My advice is to let them have space and they'll either then reply properly if you text them a day or two later, or will pit you at the post and text you again to get your attention. I was having a bit of an issue where I was being ignored and she didn't want to go out, so I let her have some space. A day later I got an apology and an invite to go somewhere. You'll get your answer by waiting - flooding them with texts and 'what's wrongs' will just make sure they lose interest

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.