Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bhgg

ReputationRep:
    🙄🙄🙄🙄 this **** too long my badddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edt1996)
    i have been with my boyfriend for two years. When we first met, he was completely obsessed with me and I couldn't believe my luck, he's charming, hilarious, trusting and he swept me off my feet almost straight away - something I was NOT used to.

I have been cheated on and been in a toxic relationship previously, so when my current boyfriend came along it was almost too good to be true...

Things moved on pretty swiftly, I met his parents almost straight away and became part of the family pretty quick. We have the same sense of humour and interests so things are always so easy with him. Our first year flew by and we were pretty much inseperable, as well as settled down and very happy ... almost too happy most of the time.

I am extremely laid back and have a lot going on personally with family and finanical problems, so I have never been in any rush to grow up. My boyfriend has previously moved out with an ex girlfriend and it didnt go to plan, so he had always been really aginst moving out and 'growing up' again. He always went on about staying with his parents forever, hated the idea of marriage and children etc - which was firstly upsettig for me because he had started doing those things with his ex so why was he so sure with her and not me? However, I'm not ready at ALL and understood why he wouldn't want to do it all again so soon.

ANYWAY (I'm going off trackkkkk!), its been 2 years and he's all of a sudden asked me to move out with him???????????? We were saving for a trip to America, and he has asked me to use pur savings so far to put towards a mortgage. I was completely shocked - he had been so against the idea! But, I love him and it just felt right so I said yes. He is always showing me pics of dogs he wants and talking to me and about marriage etc which is scary as hell but really exciting to think that he wants me in his future.

HOWEVER, my boyfriend is the type who doesnt really use his phone. He has a crappy old phone and doesnt have any social media apart from snapchat and whats app (is that even classed as social media? I dno).

Anyway, recently he's been off with me. He goes out on a night and doesnt text me after 7pm every night .... again, I'm super laid back and dont let it bother me (my friends would go crazy if that was their boyfriend, but hey ho). He has done it for the past few months, and sometimes it does get to me, especially if I need him (ive recently been in hospital). i tried to make a joke one time saying that he must meet his other girlfriend after 7pm, but he just laughed it off and said i'm crazy. I know for a fact he is at his friends, I am family friends with his friends and know I would be told if anything was going on with anyone else.
    He also doesnt seem to be bothered about me when I'm with him. I planned a day together and we ended up playing with his nieces and visiting his family and shopping for his Nan. Which is fine but I kinda wanted some alone time. He talks about his friends and would never ever cancel or mess around his friends, yet he'd cancel in me in a drop of a hat for anyone else and has done before.

When I'm with him we do the same things over and over or go to see his family, and when I'm not with him he doesnt answer his phone or bother - yet has an apology the next day when he sees my missed call/ message.

I have td him how I feel, yet he seems to think I've all of a sudden stated moaning for no reason and brushes it off saying he loves me. Yesterday I got upset because even though we were together all day, we were surrounded by family and didnt really speak. I try to arrange date nights and try to do other fun things but they dont seem to work.

This morning I told him my worries that he isnt as bothered as he used to be and i feel like a lost priority to him. Hes shrugged it off as usual and spoken normally, however I kept bringing it back up to try and resolve it.

His last message was at 6pm, it is now after 9pm. Ive sent three messages explaining how i am upset and even rang him three times - i dont understand how he can not reply knowing im upset. We have only ever argued once, and it ended up with him ignoring me for a day and by the time he replied i was just happy he had replied so i ended up apologising ... the argument was around the same issue.

I'm completely besotted with him, I would never split up with him - but I have been treated badly before and will not stay with someone if I am having to force feelings. Its so strange to know once he loved me so much and I was his number 1.

Is this just what settling down with someone is? Am i being crazy for not feeling enough? Should I keep quiet? Has be lost interest? I let things like this slide all the time and i've kind of come to the end of being upset.

Any advice on how to handle this to resolve it would be helpful, or even if anyone has been in the same position and knows whats going on in his head?

Thanks ! - ps. this is my first thingy and its really long bcos ive been ranting, apologies ... i dont say it to him so writing it all down makes me feel better !! x x
    All I can say is, it's a bit disrespectful from him to know that you get upset about it but he doesn't change or prioritize you?

He may be taking advantage of your leniency.

ReputationRep:
    (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

(̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

ლ(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ლ)

....really, all you need to do is keep it simple. Does he still respect you and your wishes? If not, then it's time to pack up and move on coz the more later you do the inevitable, the more unbearing it becomes. Let that feker know the foreseeable outcome of his actions (e.g. breakup) if he does not want to make it work or at least try to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edt1996)
    He's the most fun person, and we laugh and get on so well. He is literally the male version of me when it comes to personality and sense of humour, but when it comes down to relationships and feelings and if there are any issues he ignores me until I'm begging for him to reply, or he brushes it off and ignores so I do too. A massive thing happened in our relationship and he left me to deal with things myself and ignored me for a weekend... however now its in the past he cant be more apologetic ??? I'm a lot more mature than he is in regards to relationships and i'm not sure whether i can be with someone who can't support me.
    Even though you said your personalities are identical, your maturity is different. He ignored you for a whole weekend? He's acting like a 12 year old. You shouldn't have to 'ignore him back' or beg for him to reply. If you're constantly fighting for his attention and you're not satisfied with his input to the relationship, you should just drop it. Get yourself someone who has their **** together and wants to actually acknowledge you.

ReputationRep:
    Hbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.