Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1294 - Anti Cannibalism Bill 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    B1294 - Anti Cannibalism Bill 2017, TSR Ukip Party

Anti Cannibalism Bill 2017

A bill to make acts of cannibalism illegal

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1: For the purpose of this act;
    (1) Cannibalism shall be defined as the eating of human flesh by another human being.

2: Cannibalism
    (1) Committing acts of cannibalism against a dead human is hereby illegal
    (2) Amputating another individual's limbs for acts of cannibalism is hereby illegal
    (3) No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell foods or any other products intended for human consumption which contains human meat and organs.
    (4) Illegal to aid or assist the commission of an act of cannibalism

3: Punishment
    (1) Crimes listed in section 2 will have a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years imprisonment and receive a fine of £5000, but not exceeding £10,000

4: Extent, commencement and short title
    (1) This bill may be cited as the Anti Cannibalism Bill 2017.
    (2) This bill will extend to the United Kingdom
    (3) This bill will come into force upon royal assent

Notes
    Under current UK law cannibalism is not illegal, it's only illegal to kill someone and eat their corpses afterwards as the crime committed will be listed under murder. This bill hopes to rectify this by making acts of cannibalism illegal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well this seems like a response to a certain other bill...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Well this seems like a response to a certain other bill...
    At least this one actually makes rational sense...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    A decent bill to criminalise a horrendous and disgusting practice. However, sentencing is very light. I think it should be tougher. A lot tougher.

EDIT: I thank my honourable friend, ns_2, for pointing the mistake in my sentence out. It's been a long day!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a sensible bill. Aye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    At least this one actually makes rational sense...
    The other one made much more sense. Nay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilhuff Tarkin)
    A decent bill to legalise a horrendous and disgusting practice. However, sentencing is very light. I think it should be tougher. A lot tougher.
    *cough* criminalise *cough*

My colleague makes a good point nonetheless; the punishments for such a disgusting practice should be made tougher but the main principle still stands - aye.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    The other one made much more sense. Nay.
    Care to explain how eating a fellow human is more rational?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    When you see a bill and you're sure you've seen the title before; like, too many times.:facepalm:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    *cough* criminalise *cough*

My colleague makes a good point nonetheless; the punishments for such a disgusting practice should be made tougher but the main principle still stands - aye.
    I thank my honourable friend. It's been a long day and I forwent checking my sentence before posting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    Care to explain how eating a fellow human is more rational?
    I don't know about you, but banning consensual activities that only impact the individuals in question doesn't make much sense. Not by any measure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you, but banning consensual activities that only impact the individuals in question doesn't make much sense. Not by any measure.
    Even if said consensual act is a indeed a horrific practice with no tangible need to do so?

By the same token, this raises the debate of how exactly a dead body may give his/her consent to be eaten.

This bill criminalises a horrific practice - I will be voting aye, and I encourage all those with sense to do so as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ns_2)
    Even if said consensual act is a indeed a horrific practice with no tangible need to do so?

By the same token, this raises the debate of how exactly a dead body may give his/her consent to be eaten.

This bill criminalises a horrific practice - I will be voting aye, and I encourage all those with sense to do so as well.
    Pardon my french, but I couldn't give a **** with how horrific this activity is provided it's consensual. As for the question posed, people could give consent before their deaths, just as one would give consent to have their organs donated before death.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Pardon my french, but I couldn't give a **** with how horrific this activity is provided it's consensual. As for the question posed, people could give consent before their deaths, just as one would give consent to have their organs donated before death.
    Fine. I simply wished to confirm your viewpoint - which you are entitled to have, in the same way that I am entitled to have one as well.

The issue, regardless, speaks for itself.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No. I have no reason to ban it as I don't think this is a problem facing our country and I feel that we should always err on the side of giving people maximum freedom where there is no need to do otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    So say that you've been starved for 3 days straight and you come upon a human corpse - obviously you ain't killed this guy and left him there, somebody else did that for you. Then would make sense to cannibalise for the sake of living?

I personally wouldn't if there were other viable sources of food e.g. edible wild plants or Game like birds or boar.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I commend UKIP for submitting this bill. Aye.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If similar provisions are genuinely not in place then aye.

ReputationRep:
    Abstain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilhuff Tarkin)
    A decent bill to criminalise a horrendous and disgusting practice. However, sentencing is very light. I think it should be tougher. A lot tougher.

EDIT: I thank my honourable friend, ns_2, for pointing the mistake in my sentence out. It's been a long day!
    I thank the honourable gentleman for supporting this bill. I ask the honourable gentleman how much tougher the punishment should be?

The reason the right honourable gentleman doesn't "give a f***" is because the right honourable gentleman is ideologically driven. Cannibalism is barbaric and disgusting act and has no place in modern society. It should be banned.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.