Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and i'm starting a work placement tomorrow with a small, local IT store. I'm so nervous and anxious right now mainly because its a small,new place with new people..like if it was a large place like tesco or sainsburys i wouldnt care, but IT is the career path i want and im trying to get myself out of my 'comfort zone' by doing this

How would i introduce myself? How can i remain calm? (I legit took mini panic attacks going to my new college everyday for a month bc of my social anxiety - but i told myself theres nothing to worry about and that im worrying over nothing and it was fine!

I've got an 8 hour shift tomorrow (9am to 5.30pm) and im trying not to worry..but its so hard not to

This is my first 'job' twice a week for work experience with my college

Any tips? I feel like such a worrier:/

ReputationRep:
    Girl, I feel you. Im the same age and I had a meeting for work experience and I felt like ****. I was so scared, I was asking stupid questions like “Am I looking presentable?” Even though I looked pretty smart, I was being silly. But just stay calm, take everything slow and answer their question correctly if they ask, it don’t have to be no long essay lol. You’ll be fine, when you’re in the moment you will feel calm and confident because you’re strong and brave enough to push yourself to be in that position. You’re already strong because you know you have to go to work tomorrow and youre not backing out, you can do it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.