Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I come from an Irish Nationalist background and i firmly believe that Ireland should be united. Personally, I don't believe in the failed state (NI) because it is a state built and maintained on sectarianism and bigotry

Health, Education and benefits etc are a shambles here (no thanks to the union/being controlled by England)

I've got Unionist friends and i am not bitter at all, in fact im sick and tired of the old Catholic/Protestant nonsense and i want everyone to get on - in a new,united Ireland.

In my opinion - as long as there is a border in Ireland there will always be divison and peace will be fragile.

Opinions? No bigoted comments please

ReputationRep:
    Never! Never! Never! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xdmccann)
    I'm 17 and I come from an Irish Nationalist background and i firmly believe that Ireland should be united. Personally, I don't believe in the failed state (NI) because it is a state built and maintained on sectarianism and bigotry

Health, Education and benefits etc are a shambles here (no thanks to the union/being controlled by England)

I've got Unionist friends and i am not bitter at all, in fact im sick and tired of the old Catholic/Protestant nonsense and i want everyone to get on - in a new,united Ireland.

In my opinion - as long as there is a border in Ireland there will always be divison and peace will be fragile.

Opinions? No bigoted comments please
    Yes I think this would be a good idea and I'm from England

ReputationRep:
    Problem is the majority of people align with the union at the moment.

I'm not from NI so am not familiar with public services. What is it that is so bad at the moment?

Not trying to put you down, in fact I really like the idea of Ireland united, just that the practicalities are quite different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegggy)
    never! Never! Never! :fuhrer:

posted from tsr mobile
    no suspenders

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.