The Student Room Group

I ordered the wrong train tickets what do I do?

Hi,

I am an idiot and I ordered the wrong train tickets. My journey is from Manchester to Durham instead of Durham to Manchester. They are open returns, so could I /pretend/ I was going from Manchester to Duham? E.G Get on train, show return journey ticket. Next day, get on train and show the outgoing journey ticket in order to get home.

I've paid and everything.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Hi,

I am an idiot and I ordered the wrong train tickets. My journey is from Manchester to Durham instead of Durham to Manchester. They are open returns, so could I /pretend/ I was going from Manchester to Duham? E.G Get on train, show return journey ticket. Next day, get on train and show the outgoing journey ticket in order to get home.

I've paid and everything.

The dates won't be right as open returns for the first part are usually just that day. Who did you book the tickets with?
Original post by claireestelle
The dates won't be right as open returns for the first part are usually just that day. Who did you book the tickets with?

It is for return within one mont, but yeah, its the going there journey im concerned about.

Trainline.com
It is for return within one mont, but yeah, its the going there journey im concerned about.

Trainline.com

They ll charge you an admin fee but the train line will change the tickets for you, the fee will be less than the potential fine for using invalid tickets.
They ll charge you an admin fee but the train line will change the tickets for you, the fee will be less than the potential fine for using invalid tickets.

Do I call them up tomorrow or do something else?
Do I call them up tomorrow or do something else?

I think if you go into your account it ll say amend or change near the tickets
I think if you go into your account it ll say amend or change near the tickets

it says "This booking is not eligible for online changes."
it says "This booking is not eligible for online changes."

Then I think you ll need to call them I m afraid ,shouldn't be too difficult to fix though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending