Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So... without making this too long, basically I'm pretty unhappy at my current university because: I don't get on that well with my flatmates, I hate my accommodation, I miss my family a lot, I don't like the city and although I love the subject Im studying (geography) the course here isn't what I thought it'd be.
    Now I'm torn. Do I just stick it out for the other 2 years or should I transfer to Exeter University and move back home. I'd feel like a bit of a failure moving home and Id have to commute there but I know that id be happier. Plus I'd still be at a Russell group university in a city that I know I love.
    Someone helppp

ReputationRep:
    Transfer to Exeter university. You'll regret it if u don't. Trust me, I'm in my last year of a levels and i regret not transferring somewhere else when I had the chanse. From what you've said i don't see any reason why you should stay at your current university especially if your unhappy there. Your not a failure if you move back home and commute to Exeter university instead. It sounds like you'd be happier transferring. If I was you i would transfer.

ReputationRep:
    I did a Masters recently, at a University i very quickly discovered I hated (Bath). I had to rush to find last minute accomodation, so of course it was terrible. As a result i didnt get to choose my flatmates-almost all of whom were also terrible. And I hated the city.

However for me, my Masters was only a year. So i figured no point backing out now, just put up with it and get your degree. Thats the only way i'd recommend staying on it. However if you are in first year, don't suffer like this. My advice would be look into transferring.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Look into transferring. The three key criteria aren;t being met

ReputationRep:
    If you match the entry requirement, and you get a 2:1 in first year. Then you might get a chance to be in. I transferred from Coventry uni last year.
    Transferred has been the best choice of my life !

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mar5)
    If you match the entry requirement, and you get a 2:1 in first year. Then you might get a chance to be in. I transferred from Coventry uni last year.
    Transferred has been the best choice of my life !

Good luck !
    Thanks for your reply! Did you transfer to Exeter? If so, would you be able to tell me a little bit about your experience? E.g. Where did you live? Did you find it easy to make friends? Did you feel at all behind in your course? Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    es I'm an Exeter uni student now, this is amazing people are friendly and societies are dynamics. I live in the private sector I found a room on spareroom. I feel that the content is challenging and interesting but in the meantime I'm going out 2 times a week.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    transfer!

i was at swansea before exeter and it's genuinely night and day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    transfer!

i was at swansea before exeter and it's genuinely night and day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply! Would you be able to tell me what your transfer process was like - Did you have any regrets? Where did you decide to live in Exeter? Did you feel at all behind not knowing anyone there/Was it easy to make friends? Thanks so much !

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'd really like to transfer to Exeter as well (for psychology) and I'm in a very similar position- how did you go about the application process on UCAS? And do you know if the deadline is January 15th as well or if it's slightly later for second year transfers?
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lillypad1)
    Thanks for the reply! Would you be able to tell me what your transfer process was like - Did you have any regrets? Where did you decide to live in Exeter? Did you feel at all behind not knowing anyone there/Was it easy to make friends? Thanks so much !
    So sorry I've missed this post.

I'll write something up tomorrow, in the midst of exam revision atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by maisibella)
    Hi, I'd really like to transfer to Exeter as well (for psychology) and I'm in a very similar position- how did you go about the application process on UCAS? And do you know if the deadline is January 15th as well or if it's slightly later for second year transfers?
    Thank you
    I'll get back to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I'll get back to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, if you could that would be so helpful!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2018

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.