Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is london met hated and new universities hated in general Watch

ReputationRep:
    My full name is Richard de Souza BA Hons and I am PROUD that my BA is from LONDON metropolitan university in Film and Television studies. even my facebook name has BA in it and i got a 2:2

why do people always **** on LONDON met???? I mean its in LONDON and anything with LONDON in it is thebest

for example
    imperial college LONDON
    universiy college LONDON
    royal holloway, LONDON
    kings college LONDON
    LONDON school of ecodynamics

and then LONDON metroplitan university

London met is great et so many people hate it here. i admit i got through clearing because i was rejected by wolverhampton university, but still

london met is

ReputationRep:
    dont feed the troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah00)
    dont feed the troll
    *hides bread* .....s**t

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    I'm sorry but...
    I love the contrast. You have Cambs NatSci on one tab, and the bottom of a league table on the other... :lolz::lolz:

ReputationRep:
    For as bad a uni as London Met seems to be, of all the bad unis its the one uni where I feel students that go there hold a sense of honour.

I guess a defence mechanism but it works, like if someone went Southbank, Wolverhampton or Hertfordshire etc I'd just think they were 'lower tier' universities but when I hear London Met it brings a smile to my face.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried of getting a 2:2 than attending a "hated" Uni, my "proud" friend.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I love the contrast. You have Cambs NatSci on one tab, and the bottom of a league table on the other... :lolz::lolz:
    I'm the AspiringUnderdog. Starting down low and pushing up high! :kungfu:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but...
    Btw have you been able to do all the assignment questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Btw have you been able to do all the assignment questions?
    do you mean from the mock assessment?

ReputationRep:
    do you mean from the mock assessment?
    Issac physicssss.

ReputationRep:
    Issac physicssss.
    oh I was doing these questions that my friend applying to Trinity got sent by them. Most of them are really basic and require a calculator. I think it's just to check that you understand how to attempt those questions.

ReputationRep:
    oh I was doing these questions that my friend applying to Trinity got sent by them. Most of them are really basic and require a calculator. I think it's just to check that you understand how to attempt those questions.
    Ah so you aren't using it yourself. Yeah I can do most of the questions, there are just some really annoying algebraic ones where I'm literally putting the right answer in but apparently 90-arcsin(something) isn't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    Ah so you aren't using it yourself. Yeah I can do most of the questions, there are just some really annoying algebraic ones where I'm literally putting the right answer in but apparently 90-arcsin(something) isn't good enough.
    yeah it can make inputting answers really awkward. The questions I was looking at were all level 3 though so that could be why it's so easy.

What assignment did you have?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it can make inputting answers really awkward. The questions I was looking at were all level 3 though so that could be why it's so easy.

What assignment did you have?
    Yeah the level 3 mechanics are really easy and even level 4. The level 3 optics, waves and circuits can be really hard sometimes though. There's this mentoring scheme where they give you a set of problems to do every week.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the level 3 mechanics are really easy and even level 4. The level 3 optics, waves and circuits can be really hard sometimes though. There's this mentoring scheme where they give you a set of problems to do every week.
    Oh I not a part of that. Do you know how I could join? I've had a few assignments from things such as a Cambridge masterclass and an Oxford taster day but none of them have given more then two assignments.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Oh I not a part of that. Do you know how I could join? I've had a few assignments from things such as a Cambridge masterclass and an Oxford taster day but none of them have given more then two assignments.
    https://isaacphysics.org/pages/isaac_mentor
    Yeah it's nice for it to be a bit more structured than just click on a topic and have loads of questions to chose from.

ReputationRep:
    https://isaacphysics.org/pages/isaac_mentor
    Yeah it's nice for it to be a bit more structured than just click on a topic and have loads of questions to chose from.
    Wow this looks really interesting I wish I had heard about this last year it would've been nice to enter the senior physics challenge.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Wow this looks really interesting I wish I had heard about this last year it would've been nice to enter the senior physics challenge.
    Yeah sames and I would also probably be much better at physics had I been using issac throughout y12.

ReputationRep:
    we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.