Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, studying at college for Business Admin but I got no clue what I want to do. I don't want to do what I'm doing but there's really nothing else that I would want to do either. I'm bored of life and I just feel absolutely hopeless. I have no goal or dreams. I feel unmotivated. I'm enjoying college more than I thought I would. I made some great friends who I have a laugh with and I love my class, but I just feel tired and useless. I need a dream but I got nothing.

ReputationRep:
    What do you like to do in spare time? what hobbies do you have? what is your favourite job that you can think of? In 20 years what would you have liked to have accomplished? Do you wish to help people? Do you want to do practical work or academic or more theory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    What do you like to do in spare time? what hobbies do you have? what is your favourite job that you can think of? In 20 years what would you have liked to have accomplished? Do you wish to help people? Do you want to do practical work or academic or more theory?
    Pretty much all I do all day is watch TOWIE and kdramas. I play football but it's just a dream that was broken a long time a go for me. I can't think of no job that I'd want to do, apart from owning a little shop but I don't think that it is realistic. I don't know my life seems dead end. I feel like I have experienced nothing. I've never had a proper boyfriend. And I can't seem to make boys like me. It's all girls on my course as well. I met a few boys last weekend and I've tried with them but nothing has gone anywhere I seriously just feel so low at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nervoussims)
    Pretty much all I do all day is watch TOWIE and kdramas. I play football but it's just a dream that was broken a long time a go for me. I can't think of no job that I'd want to do, apart from owning a little shop but I don't think that it is realistic. I don't know my life seems dead end. I feel like I have experienced nothing. I've never had a proper boyfriend. And I can't seem to make boys like me. It's all girls on my course as well. I met a few boys last weekend and I've tried with them but nothing has gone anywhere I seriously just feel so low at this point.
    Try to do some volunteering? go out and experience random things, there are charities that go abroad on humanitarian missions. You could do an apprenticeship with the army. Just try to research some careers and see what fits. Hell I am 21 and I am only just now starting to get my life plan in order, there is no rush on what you need to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Try to do some volunteering? go out and experience random things, there are charities that go abroad on humanitarian missions. You could do an apprenticeship with the army. Just try to research some careers and see what fits. Hell I am 21 and I am only just now starting to get my life plan in order, there is no rush on what you need to do
    Yeah, I was thinking about joining the army a few years ago. Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, studying at college for Business Admin but I got no clue what I want to do. I don't want to do what I'm doing but there's really nothing else that I would want to do either. I'm bored of life and I just feel absolutely hopeless. I have no goal or dreams. I feel unmotivated. I'm enjoying college more than I thought I would. I made some great friends who I have a laugh with and I love my class, but I just feel tired and useless. I need a dream but I got nothing.
    You looking to go to uni? You had a look at courses online? Alternatively, you could look at an apprenticeship. Have a look at some uni courses or apprenticeships online and see what interests you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was thinking about joining the army a few years ago. Thanks for the advice
    Try this, you select a few things you enjoy from the side panel, then they find a role suited to your likes You can do almost anything in the army, from bricklaying to a chef to a protective guard or work in the spooky world of intelligence

https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    You looking to go to uni? You had a look at courses online? Alternatively, you could look at an apprenticeship. Have a look at some uni courses or apprenticeships online and see what interests you.
    Yeah can't go uni as i dont get ucas points from y course, never wanted to anyway. i was looking to do an apprenticeship before but i dont know. I'll just have to look again i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Try this, you select a few things you enjoy from the side panel, then they find a role suited to your likes You can do almost anything in the army, from bricklaying to a chef to a protective guard or work in the spooky world of intelligence

https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/
    ah thank you this is useful

ReputationRep:
    Yeah can't go uni as i dont get ucas points from y course, never wanted to anyway. i was looking to do an apprenticeship before but i dont know. I'll just have to look again i suppose.
    https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...ticeshipsearch

You can use this site to search for apprenticeships.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.