Maro122
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is maths genies topics that are arranged in certain grades accurate? Is anyone using mathsgenie as a helping revision guide for the new 9-1 mathematics GCSE???
Maro122
Rep:
?
Are the topics arranged in grades on mathsgenie For GCSE accurate/correct for the new style (9-1) Is it good to use??
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yup, I used mathsgenie last year for 9-1 maths, the questions on there were useful for solidifying my knowledge and ensuring I understood the topic, so yes I would say they were very accurate indeed. However, make sure you don't wholly rely on it but you also do past paper questions as well as practice questions! :gthumb:
Maro122
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deliciate)
yup, I used mathsgenie last year for 9-1 maths, the questions on there were useful for solidifying my knowledge and ensuring I understood the topic, so yes I would say they were very accurate indeed. However, make sure you don't wholly rely on it but you also do past paper questions as well as practice questions! :gthumb:
Thanks so much! May I ask whether u did foundation or Higher? If u did do higher.... what grade questions came up a lot?
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did higher edexcel maths and got an 8. for my exam board I remember a lot of questions about probability, algebra, triangles, circles. that being said, they basically covered all of the grade 7,8 and 9 topics and i'd say that the grade 1-4 stuff didn't come up as much, however the skills needed in the grade 1-4 topics were required to access the higher questions. I think its good to practice the grade 8/9 topics, but dont think that youll automatically get an 8 or 9 after practicing these as you might make silly mistakes on the easier topics. i'd recommend doing a practice paper and then highlighting the topics you lost marks on then practising these topics on maths genie.
Maro122
Rep:
?
Is mathsgenie a good revision tool for higher edexcel students for the new 9-1 GCSE?
Maro122
Rep:
?
Is it possible to get a 6 Grade or even a 5 in maths while using Mathsgenie as a revision tool?
Danny7867
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Maro122)
Is it possible to get a 6 Grade or even a 5 in maths while using Mathsgenie as a revision tool?
I would first go through all the basics starting from grade 3. If you get full marks carry on. If u are stuck watch the video. Every week do at least one past paper. With that you have an extremely good chance- good luck!!
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is maths genies topics that are arranged in certain grades accurate? Is anyone using mathsgenie as a helping revision guide for the new 9-1 mathematics GCSE???
It is mostly very accurate. I have only spotted 2 mistakes on there before which is good in comparison to mast websites, especially considering the solutions are hand written which makes them easier to understand. However I would combine Maths Genie with other websites, revision books or videos to give a deeper understanding, especially for the grade 8/9 questions.
Maro122
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loci Pi)
It is mostly very accurate. I have only spotted 2 mistakes on there before which is good in comparison to mast websites, especially considering the solutions are hand written which makes them easier to understand. However I would combine Maths Genie with other websites, revision books or videos to give a deeper understanding, especially for the grade 8/9 questions.
If I am aiming for a 5 is mathsgenie enough for a revision tool?
Loci Pi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I am aiming for a 5 is mathsgenie enough for a revision tool?
It seems like the topics match the grades quite well, but I would still use a foundation / higher revision guide (depending on which paper you are doing) to practise the problem solving type questions where you might have to combine topics to solve a question.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Simply yes. It has great content and gives a huge range of questions which you can do. I personally did almost all questions on there during my preparation and can't say how much it helped me.
Maro122
Rep:
?
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
Simply yes. It has great content and gives a huge range of questions which you can do. I personally did almost all questions on there during my preparation and can't say how much it helped me.
Thanks for your feedback did u do the new GCSE ?
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for your feedback did u do the new GCSE ?
Yes, I sat the exam this year in june and got a 9
Maro122
Rep:
?
Do you think if I'm aiming for a 5 or even a 6 in mathematics, mathsgenie is accurate and a good revision tool? Has anyone had experience or passed the exam using mathsgenie?
Any feedback would be very helpful.
username2871602
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why on earth would you aim for a 5 or a 6, do you want to set yourself up for a mediocre life? Aim for an 8 or a 9. And use a CGP revision guide from your chosen specification to do revision. Read it, go over every aspect to make sure you understand it, and then do all the questions.

I got a 9 off doing revision the night before which I REALLY regret doing. The raw mark for a 9 this year was 79%, it not hard to do.
Maro122
Rep:
?
Has anyone got a good grade e.g 6 or 7 using mathsgenie?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.25%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.92%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.03%
It might lead to more bullying (96)
36.64%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.15%

Watched Threads