Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How does it harm the body?

I've been on a streak of eating spicy food and just a few days ago I've felt pain in the stomach and upper stomach (possibly my liver) I'm not sure if soice is triggering it.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't really harm you unless it's excessively spicy. are you used to eating spicy food?

ReputationRep:
    I’m South Asian and I love my spicy food 🔥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    it doesn't really harm you unless it's excessively spicy. are you used to eating spicy food?
    To be very honest no from the start I've kept my spice mild as I suffer from heart burn but I've had a sudden craving of spice however I haven't been triggered with heart burn which is weird.

ReputationRep:
    maybe try to balance it a little- enjoy spicy food but maybe have some days where you don't eat it.
    my mom's indonesian so i loveee spicy food.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are eating extremely hot chilies straight up, it won't harm you. It could be an acid related thing, try to lay off the spice for a while and se if it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    I’m South Asian and I love my spicy food 🔥
    I feel you so bad

(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    maybe try to balance it a little- enjoy spicy food but maybe have some days where you don't eat it.
    my mom's indonesian so i loveee spicy food.
    I know what you mean but if I don't then my food is bland I want to enjoy my food😭

ReputationRep:
    stop eating spicy food for a few days?

ReputationRep:
    Lol thank **** I don't eat spicy food. Can't stand it at all, tastes horrible to me and I have 0 tolerance for spice :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    Unless you are eating extremely hot chilies straight up, it won't harm you. It could be an acid related thing, try to lay off the spice for a while and se if it helps
    That seems to be it😅 and I think I'm going to observe myself with it thank you though.

(Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    stop eating spicy food for a few days?
    I'm planning to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Lol thank **** I don't eat spicy food. Can't stand it at all, tastes horrible to me and I have 0 tolerance for spice :lol:
    Daaaaayum😭 seriously it's the best thing ever but worst experience tooo😂

ReputationRep:
    If you've just statue eating spicy food and weren't used to eating it on a daily basis maybe your body is reacting a little to it as you say you used to get heart burns,
    It's hard to satisfy cravings but try staying clear of heavy spice an try having mild spice if you need it satisfied

ReputationRep:
    Could be heartburn or acidity so yh try to eat less spicy food if you can
    If it continues see the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han-Mingi)
    If you've just statue eating spicy food and weren't used to eating it on a daily basis maybe your body is reacting a little to it as you say you used to get heart burns,
    It's hard to satisfy cravings but try staying clear of heavy spice an try having mild spice if you need it satisfied
    Thank you I will do

ReputationRep:
    You should lay off the spice for a bit now...

Lately loving spicy but everyone here needs mild wo we have mild, and I have dallops of chilli on the side.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Depends how spicy. Ingesting a ghost chili pepper may not be wise...

You just may not be used to it, take a break and then reassess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    You should lay off the spice for a bit now...

Lately loving spicy but everyone here needs mild wo we have mild, and I have dallops of chilli on the side.
    I guess so😩

And really😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha_19)
    I guess so😩

And really😏
    I know so... happens if one's had too much spice. Also messes woth bowel movement -if you've noticed any change.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    I know so... happens if one's had too much spice. Also messes woth bowel movement -if you've noticed any change.

:yep:
    Yeaaaaah about bowels I've just had a good long session abit ago😭😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha_19)
    Yeaaaaah about bowels I've just had a good long session abit ago😭😂
    The spice got it all moving :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.