Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get a guy to like you? Watch

Announcements

I met a guy during sixth form and we’re acquaintances right now but I want to take it further, to a relationship.

Everytime I like a guy we always just end up being friends, even when it originally feels like there could be something there, what am I doing wrong?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you're probably doing what every other girl does and giving him cryptic "signs" and "signals" that he's somehow supposed to interpret as you liking him more than a friend. What you're doing wrong is waiting for him to ask you out.

There's nothing wrong with a girl asking out a guy. So ask him. Or just sit around and feel sorry for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Well I’m a guy and I spoke to a girl at my STEM club, as well as one at my swimming. The one at my stem club likes me I think and I kinda like her too, but I like the one at my swimming club more even though I haven’t had the chance to ask her for contact details. Also, even if I do end up getting in touch with the latter, I’m not sure I want to go into a relationship because I’ve got so much work. I think it may well be that the boys like you, but either prefer someone else, or (the more likely possibility) they don’t want to be distracted from their studies, which a relationship might do.

ReputationRep:
    Be more direct. Just ask him if he wants to go for a coffee or something. Pretty much the universal hint towards liking someone more than friends and wanting to get to know them more.

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Be more direct. Just ask him if he wants to go for a coffee or something. Pretty much the universal hint towards liking someone more than friends and wanting to get to know them more.
    I’m just worried I’ll seem too pushy i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You have to take that risk if you want to improve your chances of meeting someone

ReputationRep:
    Do people do that?

ReputationRep:
    Well I’ll put myself in the shoes of the guy you like. Even if he didn’t reciprocate your feelings there’s little chance he’d turn down your offer of a little excursion.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then don't do anything and continue friendzoning yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    Do people do that? I’m more into taking a walk on a natural landscape nearby (there’s one on a high altitude which overlooks the whole of central London - it looks amazing at night).
    As I said really, asking someone out for a "coffee or something" is universally pretty much a way of saying "I like you, I want to get to know you better and hopefully romance will develop". Asking someone out for a walk on a nearby natural landscape is a bit esoteric, really :lol:

ReputationRep:
    As I said really, asking someone out for a "coffee or something" is universally pretty much a way of saying "I like you, I want to get to know you better and hopefully romance will develop". Asking someone out for a walk on a nearby natural landscape is a bit esoteric, really :lol:
    I was being hyperbolic. Yea I’d probably ask them if we wanted to go to some café

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.