Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Support workers and the dirt that goes on in adult social care services Watch

Announcements

The support workers are horrible you know what I noticed when I talk to support worker they be non - subjective about it what annoys me is they ignore the problem telling me there an't a problem, but there is a problem, they are just dogging the bullet, not solving it either it would be emotional problem, disability.

I hate it when the support workers come into my flat and noise around and then sit down on my chairs instead of helping me, I can't belief it I'm paying them to when I do cook they just stand around staring at what I am doing and do nothing.

The staff talk to me like i'm simple in the head, patronizing, belittling me and talk down at me.

Once I went to shop to buy some cloths only to have them to ring them up and for me to return the cloths saying that I have autism and learning difficulties I was there while they made that call, Aspergers Syndrome which is true, learning difficulties which is a lie, and I know for a fact they are lying.

1) Support staff lie
    2) and they treat you like you are stupid
    3) they lie to you thinking you will belief everything they say
    4) they fill your head with a load of crap
    5) and they can get away with it because they can say you are mentally "incapable"
    6) its just a job to them

They are uncomfortably noisy, they ask me questions while i'm off guard to extract information that is not there's, they just question me when they can, I feel like i'm being interrogated, when I get phone call they ask me who's on the phone.

They tell me what to do like i'm a small child even tho I'm adult.
    The staff talk to there clients like little kids.

my care charges are 141.70 monthly and that's money I could invest into something else besides to these *****

ReputationRep:
    Support workers are very badly paid while doing a really tough job with no training. They're doing their best to help you live independently. I'm pretty sure if you don't want care you can stop paying for it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.