Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Needing a bit of moral support here.

Right I just need some kind words to calm me down honestly, I’m currently in year 10 and I’ve missed A LOT of school due to personal reasons, I’ve just moved to a new school, already fallen out with my friendship group and I’m really worried I won’t do well in my GCSE’s as I literally know nothing.

Schools not going well for me, I was involved with the popular crowd- big mistake, my mistake I know- and no other group wants to hang with me so I’m basically a loner. Everything from seating plans to group work will be so awkward in school.. I’m gonna go back into school though even though a lot of people hate me for petty petty reasons.

I always tell myself it’s all temporary and I’m never gonna see these people in 5 years or remember this sickly pain they’re putting me through either.

Pleaseeeee tell me year 10 and 11 go past really, really quickly because I can’t wait to get the hell out of school and in some college on the other side of the country.

I really hate my city.

Many thanks x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that I hope school gets better for you! (Popular crowd I agree, never a good move) I'm doing ALevels now, and I found GCSE's flew by, especially once you get to year 11. And then once you leave its kind of like you never even knew half the people there.
    You'll get through it! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie.r.g)
    Sorry to hear that I hope school gets better for you! (Popular crowd I agree, never a good move) I'm doing ALevels now, and I found GCSE's flew by, especially once you get to year 11. And then once you leave its kind of like you never even knew half the people there.
    You'll get through it! x
    Thank you! I guess I just needed to hear that it does go quick and I guess in life the popular crowd aren’t always the best people, they’ll be out partying while I’m at a well paid job

ReputationRep:
    Year 10 and Year 11 fly by, trust me. You'll be out of the school before you know it

What is the issue with making friends can I ask? Maybe you could try and get along with some people in your yeargroup, to make school more enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahxmoor)
    Hey guys! Needing a bit of moral support here.

Right I just need some kind words to calm me down honestly, I’m currently in year 10 and I’ve missed A LOT of school due to personal reasons, I’ve just moved to a new school, already fallen out with my friendship group and I’m really worried I won’t do well in my GCSE’s as I literally know nothing.

Schools not going well for me, I was involved with the popular crowd- big mistake, my mistake I know- and no other group wants to hang with me so I’m basically a loner. Everything from seating plans to group work will be so awkward in school.. I’m gonna go back into school though even though a lot of people hate me for petty petty reasons.

I always tell myself it’s all temporary and I’m never gonna see these people in 5 years or remember this sickly pain they’re putting me through either.

Pleaseeeee tell me year 10 and 11 go past really, really quickly because I can’t wait to get the hell out of school and in some college on the other side of the country.

I really hate my city.

Many thanks x
    Year 11 flies by, year 10 goes relatively fast too, long as u work hard to catch up whatever u missed you'll be fine n it won't be long before u find a new friendship group don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanetene)
    Year 11 flies by, year 10 goes relatively fast too, long as u work hard to catch up whatever u missed you'll be fine n it won't be long before u find a new friendship group don't worry
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LlamaLikeEllie)
    Year 10 and Year 11 fly by, trust me. You'll be out of the school before you know it

What is the issue with making friends can I ask? Maybe you could try and get along with some people in your yeargroup, to make school more enjoyable.
    Thank you! And they’re the popular girls they keep knocking me for wanting to study instead of cause drama and everyone else joins in, one of these girls is really jealous of me as I grew up close to a lot of boys including one of the boys she likes and she always throws in snide comments, to the extent where I don’t even talk to my boy mates anymore to avoid being called name, I feel so isolated and alone I just want these years to pass so I can get out and do something I want to do with life yano

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And they’re the popular girls they keep knocking me for wanting to study instead of cause drama and everyone else joins in, one of these girls is really jealous of me as I grew up close to a lot of boys including one of the boys she likes and she always throws in snide comments, to the extent where I don’t even talk to my boy mates anymore to avoid being called name, I feel so isolated and alone I just want these years to pass so I can get out and do something I want to do with life yano
    Oh that sounds horrible I would just completely stay away from those sort of people. I'm sure they will be the jealous ones when you get amazing grades instead of partying all night.
    Is there anyone else in your year you can make friends with? Maybe try and make friends with the hard-working people in your yeargroup. They can often be really supportive and appreciative of your studying.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that sounds horrible I would just completely stay away from those sort of people. I'm sure they will be the jealous ones when you get amazing grades instead of partying all night.
    Is there anyone else in your year you can make friends with? Maybe try and make friends with the hard-working people in your yeargroup. They can often be really supportive and appreciative of your studying.
    Yes, I think that’s a good idea I just need to stay away from these girls first off, I guess those kind of friends will give me the motivation I need to do my work! Thank you! And it’s more of a case of my mental health right now tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think that’s a good idea I just need to stay away from these girls first off, I guess those kind of friends will give me the motivation I need to do my work! Thank you! And it’s more of a case of my mental health right now tbh
    Okay Make sure you talk to someone though if your mental health is getting really bad, like a teacher at school. Don't bottle up your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Okay Make sure you talk to someone though if your mental health is getting really bad, like a teacher at school. Don't bottle up your feelings.
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.