Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex is making my life hell. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    I’m 14- yes I’m very young and too young to date I’ve heard all of that but I’ve had this best friend for a few years and I thought of him as nothing but a brother to me.

well, a few months ago we got together when he broke up with his girlfriend because- well I caught feelings but I think he was just using me because I was there. He got really controlling and kind of abusive tbh, telling me who I could talk to where I could go where I could be etc, when I lied to him he’d grab my throat and I was terrified. I “loved” him so much I never left him.

Until a few months ago, I cut him off and told him we were better than friends and we were too young to be so serious (as we were always talking about our future) I knew his family, he was close to mine and I was going to transfer schools the following school year because I was having problems at my current school and being with him would be a bonus although his school was on the other side of town.

When we were together I heard he was cheating on me, lying to me, being hypocritical- hanging out with girls, flirting with girls, kissing girls while I was at home crying- and I just had enough of all the emotional abuse as well, him constantly calling me all these names and this boy had me so unfocused on my school work.

He was controlling, manipulative and abusive.

When we broke up I wanted to stay civil, I clearly still had feelings for him but I had to let them go, I would cry into my pillow every night and forever be talking about him to anyone who would listen. He was my first love.

And before you say I’m too young to know love, I promise you every time I told that boy I loved him I meant it.

But he didn’t.. the next day he tried getting with my best friend- asking me to help! So I talked to her and she told me she would never get with him, although they met on several different occasions on their own behind my back.

“Best friend”

Everyone knew how whipped I was over him which was why I was so shocked when my “friend” snapchatted me a picture of her on top of him kissing a week after me and him broke up. I burst out crying and everyone else thought this was snakey of this friend since she was the girl who told me to leave him.

It took me 4 years to kiss him- he was my first kiss and she kissed him on the first day she knew him, I don’t know I guess I was very very jealous. He was toxic, he really was but I still loved him deep down. Several girls called this girl a snake and this upset her severely. My ex started having a go at me saying how I was so mean and rude and a bully, how I left him and now I’m not letting him move on.

That was a slap to my face.

He didn’t love me anymore, I mean he didn’t even care about me as a friend right?

I blocked him immediately and layed off both of them, everyone just stepped back and let them do their thing. A few days later I was out and one of this girls’ older friends stopped me and told me she’d beat me up if anyone says anything to my ex’s new girl again, I said okay and continued walking.

Rumours were spread my “best friends” left me for my ex’s new girl and I moved on.

My ex came up to me in school- the new school I moved to- and told me I was a horrible person for making his girl self harm, I burst out crying because he knew I had a dark history with that and this girl was mocking it, he looked at me with disgust and walked off without saying anything else.

A few days before my ex said anything his girlfriend stopped me and told me she didn’t have a problem with me.. well that’s a lie, if she’s telling everyone I make her self harm? Although not me or one of my friends has said anything to or about her since I was threatened by her friend.

A few days ago my ex and a few of his friends and his girl and her friends came to my house and rumours were spread that he was here to beat me up, my dad went out and they all legged it.

Now my ex is chatting the most bs about me while his girlfriend keeps telling him I tell her to kill herself and such, when I’ve blocked her on everything and never see her around! I never even leave my bloody house in case I bump into them both.

I’ve gotten over my ex (I think) but whenever I see the pictures of me and him or remember some sweet memory of me and him my heart honestly does flutter and I start wondering “what if” me and him were still together, because when we were speaking he was so kind and lovely and caring an cute and our bond was so funny and adorable, everyone did think it I admired him and apparently he admired me although he did treat me like a mug.

I feel so lonely because his name would always be on my phone and when I lost him I lost all of my “friends” he denies being controlling but he’s doing the same to his new girl, and I know she’s being a bit of a cow but I feel sorry for her. I was talking to one of his ex’s and we both sympathise her for being so gullible towards his actions, but if she wants to act up that’s on her I guess.

I miss the old him, the version that cared about me. I keep telling myself they’re gonna break up one day too and she’s gonna go through this same pain but whenever I see pictures of them two happy something burns inside me, I really want to get over him but I don’t know how.

Any suggestions?

Thanks xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You sure cry alot.

But yes, keep away, if they continue best to inform a teacher as this is bullying. You move on and think yourself lucky these ***** are out of ypur life (well) stop feeling soery, stop being gullible, let the whore go through the hurt you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is no "old him" this is the real him, it just took you some time to figure out. When people fall in love it's often them falling in love with the idea of someone, it's clear you built up a very high image of him in your head. I've don even similar and it never ends well.

Hopefully you can learn from this, avoid guys like that and have a wall up, it's cliche but it's the only way you can protect yourself tbh.

Focus on your studies and other things, you'll forget about him soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    You sure cry alot.

But yes, keep away, if they continue best to inform a teacher as this is bullying. You move on and think yourself lucky these ***** are out of ypur life (well) stop feeling soery, stop being gullible, let the whore go through the hurt you did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I’m an emotional wreck lol but thanks yeah I guess she’s gonna learn her lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woeful)
    There is no "old him" this is the real him, it just took you some time to figure out. When people fall in love it's often them falling in love with the idea of someone, it's clear you built up a very high image of him in your head. I've don even similar and it never ends well.

Hopefully you can learn from this, avoid guys like that and have a wall up, it's cliche but it's the only way you can protect yourself tbh.

Focus on your studies and other things, you'll forget about him soon enough.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    this took me a while to read but girl you just need to stay strong and focus on bigger and better things now. some people are out of your life for a reason. just continue looking forward, you will find someone who will treat you like a princess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmynameis)
    this took me a while to read but girl you just need to stay strong and focus on bigger and better things now. some people are out of your life for a reason. just continue looking forward, you will find someone who will treat you like a princess
    Thankyou <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.