Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing glasses on a first date Watch

So I have a date tmoz, however I've had a spot breakout. (Just my luck, all summer I've had clear skin). The spot cream will reduce the size but the scar will be left. Always a black mark which takes weeks to go

So two options,

1. Cover with concealer - had a test run, it looks good from afar but, close up she will be able to see what I've done, we are on a dinner date so high chance of her seeing it. Like she will look twice at it, to confirm what it is

2. Use my glasses, I hardly wear glasses only for lectures. They are big frame designer ones. The ones you see people wearing on those reality tv shows to look smart.

I would feel much more comfortable with no glasses, eye contact would be much more "real". You know smile with my eyes etc.

I've only ever had two complements wearing the glasses, both from girls. One said I look more attractive, the other said I look intelligent. They are the stylish nerdy 🤓 glasses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I have a date tmoz, however I've had a spot breakout. (Just my luck, all summer I've had clear skin). The spot cream will reduce the size but the scar will be left. Always a black mark which takes weeks to go

So two options,

1. Cover with concealer - had a test run, it looks nice
    good from afar but, close up she will be able to see what I've done, we are on a dinner date so high chance of her seeing it. Like she will look twice at it, to confirm what it is

2. Use my glasses, I hardly wear glasses only for lectures. They are big frame designer ones. The ones you see people wearing on those reality tv shows to look smart.

I would feel much more comfortable with no glasses, eye contact would be much more "real". You know smile with my eyes etc.

I've only ever had two complements wearing the glasses, both from girls. One said I look more attractive, the other said I look intelligent. They are the stylish nerdy 🤓 glasses
    I wear glasses full time, even on dates. It makes no difference whatsoever. You can still make eye contact when wearing glasses.

(Original post by constantine2016)
    I wear glasses full time, even on dates. It makes no difference whatsoever. You can still make eye contact when wearing glasses.
    This girl had never seen me wearing glasses, so for some reason I don't feel comfortable

ReputationRep:
    This girl had never seen me wearing glasses, so for some reason I don't feel comfortable
    Trust me, she probably won't be put off by glasses unless she is a ***** or you make a big issue out of it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's not a big deal. She will eventually see you with them so it makes no difference.

ReputationRep:
    Glasses are cool like bow ties.

ReputationRep:

So two options,

1. Cover with concealer - had a test run, it looks good from afar but, close up she will be able to see what I've done, we are on a dinner date so high chance of her seeing it. Like she will look twice at it, to confirm what it is

Embrace the spectacles
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    She will see you with glasses at one point or another... if you go to a movie or something.
    If you feel glasses will help you with the spots that's fine. If you don't want to wear glasses or feel strange wearing them, you can go without them. If she is mature she will ignore the spots, with or without the makeup.

I never went on a first date with glasses, although my eyesight is terrible, I always brought them with me, but never had to use them. I always let my partner know I have bad eyesight and don't like wearing glasses.

If you decide wearing glasses on your first date and she asks you why do you wear them and you don't want to say the reason (the spot reason) you can say the obvious reason, like to see better... It will not be awkward at all.

Good luck !!!
    Have fun !!!

[QUOTE=Anonymous;74227124

Let her see the mark, it’s only a dinner date, she ain’t going there to look at you. She is going there to have conversation and food.

ReputationRep:
    I agree w/ anon #2 (wouldn't let me 'like' the post). You know this girl well enough that she has said yes to going to dinner w/ you. You have one blemish on your face that isn't a deal breaker. And.... if for her it is then she is very, very shallow and frankly not worth your time. My guess is that she is wanting to get to know you better on a personal level. So go and be yourself and if you wouldn't normally wear your glasses then don't wear them on the date. She isn't going to mind a spot because she wouldn't be human if she hasn't had one herself occasionally. Just go an concentrate on having a good time and laughing and getting to know her as a person. The rest will work itself out. Good Luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.