Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a couple investment banking internships, and want to apply for consulting. I'm in my final year, should I apply for internships and then say I am doing a master's (which I dont want to do) and deal with it later if I get an offer, or should I apply for grad roles? I'm just thinking that since I have no consulting experience and the grad roles are really competitive, I would have more of a chance at getting an internship than a grad position. I also haven't practised cases or market sizing questions yet, so will need some time do that. Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you, in my final year and not sure whether I am going to do a masters or not. I'm not applying for consulting, but deicided I am going to apply for a mixture of summer internships and grad jobs. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumpelstiltskin7)
    I've got a couple investment banking internships, and want to apply for consulting. I'm in my final year, should I apply for internships and then say I am doing a master's (which I dont want to do) and deal with it later if I get an offer, or should I apply for grad roles? I'm just thinking that since I have no consulting experience and the grad roles are really competitive, I would have more of a chance at getting an internship than a grad position. I also haven't practised cases or market sizing questions yet, so will need some time do that. Thanks for the advice!
    Hey buddy, I was in your position where I did my placement and summer internship in asset management and wealth management but decided in my final year to change to consulting.

I can tell you that your IB internships (CV) won't hold you back and you should go for graduate programme. Your biggest issue is going to be the case interviews. You will need to practice a lot on those and get great at them. Check out Case in point if you haven't already. It's a good start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)
    Hey buddy, I was in your position where I did my placement and summer internship in asset management and wealth management but decided in my final year to change to consulting.

I can tell you that your IB internships (CV) won't hold you back and you should go for graduate programme. Your biggest issue is going to be the case interviews. You will need to practice a lot on those and get great at them. Check out Case in point if you haven't already. It's a good start.
    thanks mate will have a look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanboi)

when do interviews start for grad roles do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumpelstiltskin7)
    when do interviews start for grad roles do you know?
    November and December. You also get some in mid January and February. Have you been applying and if so where? I can see if I have had interviews with them to give you some insights.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.