The Student Room Group

Applying for two courses at LSE

Hello,
First of all: sorry for the long post :/

I am a prospective undergrad student for econ from Germany. I plan to apply at LSE, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham. My 5th choice initially was Durham, but I would love to study in London, so I currently prefer the BSc Economics and Economic History (VL31) course at LSE.

I read a couple of posts here on the issue of applying for two courses at the same uni. Does it make a difference in my case that they are offered by two different departments?

My personal statement is tailored to econ, but there are one or two elements which relate to EH. Also, I am definitely going to overachieve the lower entry requirements on the course (could this compensate for the PS?).

What really matters to me is that applying for two courses at LSE doesn't decrease my chance of being offered a place at all. In that case, I would only apply for BSc Economics.

Thanks in advance!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hamounm
Hello,
First of all: sorry for the long post :/

I am a prospective undergrad student for econ from Germany. I plan to apply at LSE, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham. My 5th choice initially was Durham, but I would love to study in London, so I currently prefer the BSc Economics and Economic History (VL31) course at LSE.

I read a couple of posts here on the issue of applying for two courses at the same uni. Does it make a difference in my case that they are offered by two different departments?

My personal statement is tailored to econ, but there are one or two elements which relate to EH. Also, I am definitely going to overachieve the lower entry requirements on the course (could this compensate for the PS?).

What really matters to me is that applying for two courses at LSE doesn't decrease my chance of being offered a place at all. In that case, I would only apply for BSc Economics.

Thanks in advance!

LSE are a bit special, and will only give applicants one offer. So applying for more than one course with LSE will not increase your chance of an offer - and may just make you look less committed to the subjects you're applying for.
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna stick with L100. I have one question; is there a major difference in teaching standards between QMUL, Durham and City University for economics?
Original post by Juno
LSE are a bit special, and will only give applicants one offer. So applying for more than one course with LSE will not increase your chance of an offer - and may just make you look less committed to the subjects you're applying for.
Original post by hamounm
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna stick with L100. I have one question; is there a major difference in teaching standards between QMUL, Durham and City University for economics?

Shouldn't be, as they're about the same on rankings.

Quick Reply

Latest