Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice for someone looking to get their first girlfriend... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have never had a girlfriend and don't know where to start could someone please advice me! Thanks

How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How old are you?

What I can say is this; focus on getting in good shape, improving your sense of humor, dress sense, and overall appearance. These things will improve your overall confidence so you will be more comfortable talking to girls. Also, these will make you more attractive. Then, the rest is really just a mixture of luck and patience. I'm 18 and haven't even had a kiss, done anything crazy at a party/club, etcetera. Don't let it affect your happiness if you find yourself without a girlfriend, trust me, it's not as brilliant as it seems. All of my mates have girlfriends who have mood swings, need attention all the time, or just emotionally manipulate them. I understand that you may feel as though you're missing out on something, as I did, but don't fall into the trap of, 'looking' for a girlfriend. You cannot force the process. Find things that make you happy, do the things I said above, and get good grades at school. When a girl comes along, you will know it's the right time. This is my experience.

Just take it easy, these things take loads of time for some people. Just have solid self-esteem and be confident/proud that you're you. She'll come one day, man.

ReputationRep:
    Just take it easy, these things take loads of time for some people. Just have solid self-esteem and be confident/proud that you're you. She'll come one day, man.
    Thanks! I guess I should work on my shyness and social anxiety first haha. I'm just a bit hurt from a bad experience with a crush haha

ReputationRep:
    My advice: Girls (the ones you'd want) dig guys with goals that drive them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    My advice: Girls (the ones you'd want) dig guys with goals that drive them.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Really you don't have anyone?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You're only 16. I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rivaldo44)
    Really you don't have anyone?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You're only 16. I wouldn't worry about it.
    OK thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Join NCS. Basically a 3 week vacation for £35.

Your confidence flies up and you meet girls.

Killing 2 birds with one stone. Though idk why you'd care about a gf at 16 anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm 24 and still waiting in life for my first girlfriend...

It seems that every girl in this day and age have a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueMeanie)
    Don't worry about it pal - I'm 24 and still never had a girlfriend in life. I am worried too but I wasn't worried at 16

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous about what having a girlfriend entails...

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.