The Student Room Group

Advice for someone looking to get their first girlfriend...

I have never had a girlfriend and don't know where to start could someone please advice me! Thanks
How old are you?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you?

What I can say is this; focus on getting in good shape, improving your sense of humor, dress sense, and overall appearance. These things will improve your overall confidence so you will be more comfortable talking to girls. Also, these will make you more attractive. Then, the rest is really just a mixture of luck and patience. I'm 18 and haven't even had a kiss, done anything crazy at a party/club, etcetera. Don't let it affect your happiness if you find yourself without a girlfriend, trust me, it's not as brilliant as it seems. All of my mates have girlfriends who have mood swings, need attention all the time, or just emotionally manipulate them. I understand that you may feel as though you're missing out on something, as I did, but don't fall into the trap of, 'looking' for a girlfriend. You cannot force the process. Find things that make you happy, do the things I said above, and get good grades at school. When a girl comes along, you will know it's the right time. This is my experience.
Just take it easy, these things take loads of time for some people. Just have solid self-esteem and be confident/proud that you're you. She'll come one day, man.
Reply 5
Just take it easy, these things take loads of time for some people. Just have solid self-esteem and be confident/proud that you're you. She'll come one day, man.

Thanks! I guess I should work on my shyness and social anxiety first haha. I'm just a bit hurt from a bad experience with a crush haha
My advice: Girls (the ones you'd want) dig guys with goals that drive them.
Reply 7
Original post by JDieMstr
My advice: Girls (the ones you'd want) dig guys with goals that drive them.

Thanks!
Really you don't have anyone?
You're only 16. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 10
Original post by rivaldo44
Really you don't have anyone?

Nope.
Reply 11
Original post by Tiger Rag
You're only 16. I wouldn't worry about it.

OK thanks!
Join NCS. Basically a 3 week vacation for £35.

Your confidence flies up and you meet girls.

Killing 2 birds with one stone. Though idk why you'd care about a gf at 16 anyway
Reply 13

Yeah I'm 24 and still waiting in life for my first girlfriend...

It seems that every girl in this day and age have a boyfriend
Reply 14
Original post by BlueMeanie

Don't worry about it pal - I'm 24 and still never had a girlfriend in life. I am worried too but I wasn't worried at 16
Reply 15
I'm nervous about what having a girlfriend entails...
Reply 16
Bump
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest