Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quite worried because I submitted my UCAS on 13 October and I applied to Exeter, but have not had a reply so far, yet I know of other people that submitted their UCAS later than me and have already had a reply. Does this mean that they're going to reject me?

ReputationRep:
    No, no. Calm your horses... The application process is one that really makes the student feel a little stressed. For most universities, they place all the applications into different batches and process them differently. Each batch representing a competitive application pool. It is highly possible that your application was placed in a different batch, and your friend's application placed in another. There is a slight chance that there might be something wrong with the application, thus they leave it behind for further checking, but if you know that there is no error, then this probably isn't the case.

Either way, they have until May to respond, I believe. I know that sounds so far, but I'm very sure that you'll hear from them earlier. If you know that you make a strong competitor, then you'll get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claudi0)
    No, no. Calm your horses... The application process is one that really makes the student feel a little stressed. For most universities, they place all the applications into different batches and process them differently. Each batch representing a competitive application pool. It is highly possible that your application was placed in a different batch, and your friend's application placed in another. There is a slight chance that there might be something wrong with the application, thus they leave it behind for further checking, but if you know that there is no error, then this probably isn't the case.

Either way, they have until May to respond, I believe. I know that sounds so far, but I'm very sure that you'll hear from them earlier. If you know that you make a strong competitor, then you'll get an offer
    Yes I know that, it's just quite worrying to see that everyone has replies already and I haven't! In any case, do you know when Exeter sends out rejections?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.